MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » New OSD for MK (fully graphical)

New OSD for MK (fully graphical)

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: « < ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 > »

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Thanks Irek

I have the V1 board and am powering the Xbee from the OSD without removing the diode, are you saying this shouldn't be possible with the diode in place?

I tried mine in buffered and direct modes and still don't get a connection to MKTools, well I get connected because the Flight-Ctrl, BL-Ctrl, Navi-Ctrl and Compass lights light up in MK Tools but it doesn't show any data as I'm guessing the connection is too slow.
The only way I can get the OSD and MK Tools to work at the same time is to have 2 xbees, one on the OSD and another plugged into a different USB port in the laptop.

Cheers
Craig
Mitglied
Hello!

it works so far (2.28)... but i have problems with font and symbol files.

They have following sequence in the download section:

1)OSDsymbols_big.osd
2)primary_bold.osd
3)secondary_font.osd
4)system_font.osd
5)vardena_font.osd
6)osd_symbols.osd

and Irek wrote:
Zitat
Important : you need to refresh third font file, with one of the following files : OSDsymbols or OSDsmallsymbols.
Quick preview

Can anybody tell me the correct sequence of the font files?
I think 2,3,4 and then????

Thank you
Reinle
Mitglied
Hi Aronax,

I like the new looks and added features of this 2.28 version. However I am not getting the values ( Line of sight, Line of Site etc. ) displayed in the Distance from Home box. The display shows only

LOS

without any change in any values even after flying some distance. While the Home Indicator Arrow shows direction as well as distance properly. Have I missed anything some where. Yes I have uploaded the fonts as advised in your post.

GOLDCAT
Mitglied
Hello,

Craig - older versions of OSD didn't had that diode. I really ran out of ideas, what could be wrong :(

Reinle - you can always change last font without uploading previous ones. Take look at image
externer Link:
User image
by selecting file only in third box you will change (refresh) only third font file.
Anyway if you want to upload all files then select :
first row: system_font or primary_bold or vardena_font.osd
second row: secondary_font
third row : OSDsymbols or OSDsmallsymbols

GoldCat - I will check that toomorow, that was the error I was sure I fixed.

Best Regards
« Bearbeitet von aronax am 06.07.2012 00:00. »
Mitglied
aronax meinte
Hello,

Craig - older versions of OSD didn't had that diode. I really ran out of ideas, what could be wrong :(

Is it possible that its something to do with the v1 boards?

Cheers
Craig
Mitglied
Hi guys,

Anyone who installed firmware 2_28, please download it again, there was small bug with LOS.

Craig - Thre are only minor differences between v1 and v2 boards. What type of xbee do you use ?

Best Regards
Mitglied
Once again Aronax, I have updated to the 2_28 and it partially fixed the LOS value display. However it shows much higher value e.g. for actual distance of 12m ( as per MX-20 telemetry and the Distance arrow home heading indicator ) the LOS displays 428m. I think there is a bug in there. I have observed the 2.25 version showed much more accurate values.

Further I tried placing a 10 Ohm resistor in the BT module as per your advice but still there is no two way communication. I can try to find out the cause if you can send the schematics of the communication area ( since I would not expect you to share your secrete of the entire board ). This issue is going on for too long :(

GOLDCAT
Mitglied
since upgrading via usb cable to 2.28 I no longer get the wireless W232 pc communication to work with the osd. it keeps trying but the osd card does not respond to the requests from smartosd manager, though the w232 works fine for MK tools. the w232 is attached to the smart card.
both through com1.
Mitglied
I don't find it normal that the problem of BT is not yet resolved.

Your OSD has a UART as the NC at MK, I do not see why we must change the BT module for this to work.

So I want to implement a solution to your osd, with diagram and photo, if not, we will have an exchange with an OSD that works
it's been several months that it lasts, it is abnormal
Mitglied
aronax meinte
Craig - What type of xbee do you use ?

Hi Irek

I use a XBee Pro 60mW with Wire Antenna - Series 1 http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8742

Thanks
Craig
« Bearbeitet von crcr am 10.07.2012 23:46. »
Mitglied
When will it be possible to order again?
Mitglied
-removed-
« Bearbeitet von Sanderx am 11.07.2012 19:58. »
Mitglied
I have a newbie and potential a stupid question: I have currently an fpv system installed on my mikrokopter, which is powered by the mk battery. When installing the smartosd, how do I connect the video cable from the smartosd board to the fpv camera? The video in/out goes currently from the fpv camera on the mikrokopter to the tx. Do I need to connect the video Cable from the smartosd to the video in/out cables that come from the fpv camera (cutting the cable and soldering them back together with the video in/out cables from the smartosd)?
Mitglied
Hi guys,

GOLDCAT, 65oliver65 - You're right, it takes too long, but:
- We found the reason why BT module does NOT want to talk with OSD and offered the simplest method of solving the problem. For some users that solution was enough and theirs BT modules began to work, but id wasn't good for others.
It is likely that not all BT modules for MK are the same, and for them we will probably need to use a different solution.
If it is possible, I'll be grateful if 2-3 peoples would like to sent their BT to us so we could identify the problem, and adapt these modules to work with our OSD.

GOLDCAT - I will check that again, It seems that I missed something again. :oops:

twittwit - in about 2 weeks - but there are several stores that should have our OSD on stock.

Sanderx - OSD works between camera and video transmitter, so the video cable from the camera should be connected to the video input on the OSD and then you should connect video out from OSD to the transmitter.

Best Regards - Irek
Mitglied
Thank you Aronax.

But to my understanding the problem may be something hardware related. I tried to look at the OSD board with scope. But without a schematics it is very difficult since the board is painted black. There may be a track failure or a component ( e.g 4053 ) in the UART area. I have fixed such a problem in my FC board. So please take us/me into confidence ( like we are taking you ) and send me the schematics of the communication area ( i.e. UART ) if not the entire board. We value your great work.

GOLDCAT
Mitglied
@aronax
I will wish a solution to your osd smart, not on the BT module. It works fine on other cards MK and I do not want to change it.
thank you send me diagram and photo
65oliver65
Mitglied
Irek

Are you able to test a 2.4GHz xbee module with your OSD in ground mode?

I'm still not having any luck with this. I know you said it worked with a 900mhz but maybe the 2.4 xbee is different??

Thanks
Craig
Mitglied
Hello,

65oliver65, GOLDCAT - Andrzej prepared diagram of uart2, I hope that it helps a little.
BT does not talk with osd due to too high voltage levels on TX line.

crcr - We tested 2.4xbee with another project and these modules worked perfectly.
We expect that they should work as good as our 900Mhz, but I cannot verify that at this moment.

BTW. I need tested MK settings for octo/hexa XL. Can anyone share them with me ?

Best Regards - Irek
« Bearbeitet von aronax am 18.07.2012 11:54. »
Mitglied
Thank you Aronax. I'll have a look at it after I return from a trip.

GOLDCAT
Mitglied
Hello aronax
I am very disappointed, the BT module communicates with the NC cards at MK, and not with yours. You must propose a solution to your customers.
Or you're compatible or you're not
Mitglied
aronax meinte
Hello,

crcr - We tested 2.4xbee with another project and these modules worked perfectly.
We expect that they should work as good as our 900Mhz, but I cannot verify that at this moment.

Best Regards - Irek

I know they work perfectly for other applications but for some reason is not working in ground mode with the OSD and MKTools.

Are you able to test the 2.4 xbee on the OSD in ground mode and try and connect to MK and MKTools?

Thanks
Craig
Mitglied
Hellow Aronax,

On examining your schematics of the OSD, I have observed that in your board UART2 pins 9 and 1 are reversed. Is it a mistake on the schematics or in the actual board? Before I try to make a correction in the board please confirm this please.

Regards

GOLDCAT
Mitglied
Goldcat

Maybe I can help. UART2 is only a 4 pin output that is used to connect an Xbee transmitter. Not sure of your question about a pin 9 and 1. I can confirm that the diagrams in the manual on the website are correct for the pinouts. Not sure which version of the board you have. Maybe the printing on the board was incorrect.

Gary
Mitglied
ghaynes754 meinte
Goldcat

Maybe I can help. UART2 is only a 4 pin output that is used to connect an Xbee transmitter. Not sure of your question about a pin 9 and 1. I can confirm that the diagrams in the manual on the website are correct for the pinouts. Not sure which version of the board you have. Maybe the printing on the board was incorrect.

Gary

Hi Gary!

I have reffered to the schematics as per the link given by Irek in his post above. However I have made the BT module to work after connecting the pin 9 and 1 from UART2 port to the respective pins in the MK Data port ( serial port ) on the OSD board. I have disconnected the pin 12 and 2 from the 4053 multiplexer chip. Now I have full access to the MK Tool through BT module. I do not need any BT connection to the OSD Manager since setting it up once through the USB.

Thank you.

GOLDCAT
Mitglied
prabinbardoloi meinte
[Hi Gary!

I have reffered to the schematics as per the link given by Irek in his post above. However I have made the BT module to work after connecting the pin 9 and 1 from UART2 port to the respective pins in the MK Data port ( serial port ) on the OSD board. I have disconnected the pin 12 and 2 from the 4053 multiplexer chip. Now I have full access to the MK Tool through BT module. I do not need any BT connection to the OSD Manager since setting it up once through the USB.

Thank you.

GOLDCAT

Hello GOLDCAT,
have a photo or drawing to do this modifications ?
thank you

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: « < ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 > »

MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » New OSD for MK (fully graphical)