MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » New OSD for MK (fully graphical)

New OSD for MK (fully graphical)

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: « < ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 >

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Irek,

Where've you been? Anyway I was wondering is the fix you posted on your website for the blue tooth module appropriate for xbee connections as well? Mine works ok with mktools (it's slow though) but not consistent at all with smart manager. Any updates?

Please come back Irek!
Mitglied
Hello Aronax,

Is it possible to make the SOSD able to handle 8S lipos on the ADC Input 1 or 2 ?
Now with Herkules III powerboard we need to feed the Flight Control with the 8v from the Herkules regulator but then we can not have voltage from lipo on the HOTT telemetry and neither on OSD.
If you make SOSD board able to handle this 8S, it was going to be the best solution for it.
Is there a hope ?

Regards,

Cristiano
Mitglied
Hello Aronax,

Is it possible to make the SOSD able to handle 8S lipos on the ADC Input 1 or 2 ?
Now with Herkules III powerboard we need to feed the Flight Control with the 8v from the Herkules regulator but then we can not have voltage from lipo on the HOTT telemetry and neither on OSD.
If you make SOSD board able to handle this 8S, it was going to be the best solution for it.
Is there a hope ?

Regards,

Cristiano
Mitglied
Dear irek

Will you also provide a new osd update regarding the new mk update 90.

Thanks, grex
Mitglied
Hei

I have been using sosd for about half a year.
I have two problems:

1. Distance to home is not shown right
2. Drawing color is always white and this is almost unreadable against snow, especially in bright sunlight. It should be easy to make the color user definable.

Br

Hannu
Mitglied
Yes the distance to home not being right is a new problem I have noticed as well. Must be a bug in the latest firmware....
Mitglied
With the recently released Range Extender and Android app would be interested in hearing a report from anyone whether it is working through the SmartOSD? If you had to make setting changes what did you change?
Mitglied
I have noticed that when using the Xbee through the SmartOSD all of my MKTools pieces work great with the exception of the GPS Sat button. I do not see the satellite bars. Current configuration on the SmartOSD fot the Transparent Uart Port is Xbee port and Buffered? Any suggestions?
Mitglied
Any body using Digital RSSI indication in the latest 2.32 version?

According to smart electronics site:

changes in the firmware 2.32 - 10.01.2013
- Added support for digital rssi with a range of 0-100%
- Added LOS alarm on exceeding the distance

We should get RSSI indication in digital form instead of the graphical bars ( which remains static without any change ). But I have not been able to get the same. Since I fly FPV most of the time this indication is essential.

Aronax can you please help?

GOLDCAT
Mitglied
Hi guys,

I totally could not believe that it's been over a year since my last entry, I would say that it was just a few months ago.
Damn the time is running too fast. :(
I would like to apologize for such a long absence, but I became totally absorbed in the work on the new driver to 3D bldc gimbal,
which we have developed with Andrzej.

In the meantime, I created a beta software for OSD with the indicator of the direction of movement
(but it contains some errors and I need to improve it) and with vario sound tone.

I see that you have reported problems with the distance to the home - can you tell what it is?
I'll try to fix this problem with few additional software changes (I will also check that digital rssi).

Best Regards - Irek
Mitglied
Irek!! So glad you are ok! I was really worried I thought something bad had happened. Glad you are ok.

I sent an email about this but I will ask it here. I want to capture gps information from the MKGPS for antenna tracking. I want to use the Myflydream tracker. It expects NMEA codes at any given BAUD rate (I think the MKGPS is 57600). Can I get this information from one of the smart osd headers? Or if not, can I get it from the tx pad under the MKGPS? I can use a teleflyosd to convert this information into the audio signal, or better yet perhaps the smart-osd has this hidden capability?

Regarding distance to home, it's simply reporting bad information. It is way off. Latest firmware.

Bill
Mitglied
Hello Bill,

I remember, that I was trying to generate nmea frame on OSD UART2 port, but it doesnt worked correctly , I will check, if I can fix that.

Best Regards - Irek
Mitglied
aronax meinte
Hello Bill,

I remember, that I was trying to generate nmea frame on OSD UART2 port, but it doesnt worked correctly , I will check, if I can fix that.

Best Regards - Irek

That would be great! After further studying it turns out that the MK is now putting out NMEA codes on pin 9 of the debug. But the signal may need to run through this to work correctly, according to what I've been told. https://www.mikrocontroller.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=669&zenid=58df180dcb7641406cf2827f531dff61
Mitglied
hi irek

good to hear from you!
if you do an update, i would very much apprichiate a textbox indicatingthe selectled parameter-set with the according name. in addition some flaggs that are new in version 2.0. like WP indices etc.

anyways only nice to haves, i like your osd very much!!!

best grex
Mitglied
also tx signal strength would be great! ;-)) via mk...
Mitglied
GREX meinte

Smart-osd already supports RSSI on one of the UARTS.
Mitglied
billyd meinte
GREX meinte

Can you please indicate clearely how RSSI is indicated digitally or presented realisticaly in Smart OSD?

The graphical RSSI indication remains static without any change even when I fly out to greater distances than 300m. A digital indication will be more useful.

GOLDCAT
Mitglied
prabinbardoloi meinte
billyd meinte
GREX meinte

Can you please indicate clearely how RSSI is indicated digitally or presented realisticaly in Smart OSD?

The graphical RSSI indication remains static without any change even when I fly out to greater distances than 300m. A digital indication will be more useful.

GOLDCAT

It's accepts an analog RSSI in terms of a voltage on pin2 of JP4 (0-5v). You have to configure the input in the smart manager software to define the minimum (failsafe) and the maximum (100% signal) voltage expected at the port. It then gets displayed as a graph on the screen.

I don't think it supports digital RSSI directly. I think you'd have to buy a converter to get it to an analog (voltage) output.
« Bearbeitet von billyd am 28.11.2013 02:47. »
Mitglied
Irek, I finally got my antenna tracking to work by using beta firmware from Holger here: http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-44207.html , which sends NMEA codes (instead of Ublox) to the Debug port. Unfortunately your smart-osd is now very unhappy with the NMEA. What can be done?
Thanks, Bill
« Bearbeitet von billyd am 28.11.2013 02:47. »
Mitglied
Hello,

Grex, prabinbardoloi, billyd - OSD supports analog RSSI from RC receiver, if you connect RSSI output to the ad0 input on OSD ( just like billyd says) , also it can show RSSI information from MK - this is not real rssi - MK counts errors on RC signal - and is using it as RSSI.
There are also systems with digital RSSI output - but not always it is documented how to get that information form RC receiver.

billyd - OSD is not expecting nmea data on uart1 (MK data port), but it can create NMEA strings GPGGA & GPRMC on uart2 port (firmware update will be available in this weekend).

Best Regards - Irek
Mitglied
aronax meinte
Hello,

Grex, prabinbardoloi, billyd - OSD supports analog RSSI from RC receiver, if you connect RSSI output to the ad0 input on OSD ( just like billyd says) , also it can show RSSI information from MK - this is not real rssi - MK counts errors on RC signal - and is using it as RSSI.
There are also systems with digital RSSI output - but not always it is documented how to get that information form RC receiver.

billyd - OSD is not expecting nmea data on uart1 (MK data port), but it can create NMEA strings GPGGA & GPRMC on uart2 port (firmware update will be available in this weekend).

Best Regards - Irek

Irek, you are my hero! I am sending you a basket of cookies!

Bill
Mitglied
Hello,

As I promised - new firmware 2.34 for Smart-OSD.
Changes :
- added configuration for vario sounds (in Global Parameters)(new version of OSD manager is required) ,
- corrected routines for NMEA strings generation(Bill please check if your hardware accepts those strings @ 57600 baud)
(this option can be enabled in Global Paramteres ->Transparent Uart Port settings)
- few smaller fixes and speed optimalizations

Due to really bad weather we couldn't test it in air, but ground tests look promising :)

Also new OSD Manager is available :
- now it will display only available serial ports,
- checkbox "Connected via Radio" is now available just below serial port selector
- font upload tables is now much easier to handle (there was a lot of probles with default one)

Best Regards - Irek
Mitglied
aronax meinte
Hello,

As I promised - new firmware 2.34 for Smart-OSD.
Changes :
- added configuration for vario sounds (in Global Parameters)(new version of OSD manager is required) ,
- corrected routines for NMEA strings generation(Bill please check if your hardware accepts those strings @ 57600 baud)
(this option can be enabled in Global Paramteres ->Transparent Uart Port settings)
- few smaller fixes and speed optimalizations

Due to really bad weather we couldn't test it in air, but ground tests look promising :)

Also new OSD Manager is available :
- now it will display only available serial ports,
- checkbox "Connected via Radio" is now available just below serial port selector
- font upload tables is now much easier to handle (there was a lot of probles with default one)

Best Regards - Irek

Irek, thank you so much!

I am not getting it working, but I may still have it set up wrong. In the options menu, I leave the transpartent UART port to XBEE on the left and GPS tracker on the right, correct?

Also on the UART, I get the NMEA out of pin 2 correct? If not which one? Because I am connected to the second pin away from the USB connector right now and it's not working.

Edit: I just realized I was using the old pinout diagram not the V2 diagram for the smart-osd so I have it on the wrong pin of the UART. Will retry.

Thanks
Bill
« Bearbeitet von billyd am 09.12.2013 04:54. »
Mitglied
dear irek

could you manage to configure/program the sosd, in a way that we can do mk firware updates via sosd. radio or usb... that would be wonderful. i have still to open the whole frame for a software update!... thanks... grex
Mitglied
edit:

Got everything loaded and the telefly osd is receiving the data but the MFD antenna tracker does not like it. Perhaps the formatting is off? Someone mentioned that sometimes a signal inverter is needed for NMEA output from certain devices like the one MK sells for using S.Bus. Like here: https://www.mikrocontroller.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=669&zenid=9c0fed1495af52cd6d84329a571d120a Is this something to try off of the Smart-OSD UART?

The tracker was working correctly via Holger's beta firmware update to the NC and pin 9 of the debug port, but that messed up the Smart-OSD, so I know the tracking system functions. I suspect it is something in the NMEA or perhaps the output level is different in some way? I know so little about electronics.

Using Irek's firmware the compass heading is all over the place in the Smart OSD not unlike it behaved when I had the NMEA active on the debug port (I deactivated it but it's still doing it). Perhaps this is a problem in the MK? Don't know.

Help if you can, thanks Irek

Bill
« Bearbeitet von billyd am 10.12.2013 01:02. »

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: « < ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 >

MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » New OSD for MK (fully graphical)