MikroKopter - Forum » Photo & Video » English: Zoom

English: Zoom

Moderatoren: jamiro, Joop, killagreg, ligi, nebukad.

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Entwickler, Admin
German Translation here

Hello,

yesterday I used the good weather and tested the new CX730 from Sony (Infos von Copterfan) on the OktoKopter-XL.

Here the Video

externer Link:
User image

Cam-control
Some time ago I developed a small electronic board (IR-Ctrl) for controlling cameras via infrared. The direction of the camera was controlled as usual - by Camera-Nick and Yaw of the MikroKopter.
Edit: new version LANC-Ctrl

Transmitter and voice:
In this video I show the HoTT-Transmitter MC-32 with a special MikroKopter-Firmware.
We will provide the same telemetry screen and voice for the MX-20 soon (there is still a small bug in the transmitter firmware - so please be patience)
The voice will be provided in five languages.

The Equipment
User image
- OktoKopter XL
- CFK-Propellers
- GPS and Navi
- camera mount: SLR2
- 10.000/4s Lipo (two 5.000er parallel) -> 17 minutes flight time with this payload
- 5.8GHz video transmitter (the components here in the shop)
- IR-Ctrl or LANC-Ctrl for remote controlling of the Camera
- the movie scenes are not deshaked by software

The videos are even more brilliant in the raw material.

Regards,
Holger
« Bearbeitet von HolgerB am 02.08.2012 09:45. »
Mitglied
Holger hello.
good news ... I live in southern France and I just equip my hexa with a camera Sony CX730 and MK SLR1. can you tell me if your small electronic board infrared will pilot the shooting photos. Thank you for your answer and congratulations for everything you do.
Mitglied
Good news, we were going to develop that very same item for Sony (we are already using a zoom-rec-stop-picture shoot RC IR board for Panasonic TM 700 and 900) but as you already made it we'll spare some time and get it. When will it be available?
« Bearbeitet von soaringclauz am 03.05.2012 00:23. »
Mitglied
I saw this video yesterday. Stability is very impressive and footage was exceptional at that height.

Holger, did those people in the apartments know you were looking into their windows?

In America, this would make you a "peeping Tom" and possible jail time ;) haha pretty funny clip!

Yves
Mitglied
@yvesOttawa:

These aren't apartments. It is a City hall!
Mitglied
Hi Holger,

Great feature, can't wait to try it out soon.
Mitglied
Hello,

Congratulation.
I found the result impressive, thanks to the the zoom it shows how efficient this combo is.
I would like to understand if all the "magic" comes from the Sony CX730 stabilisation or from your configuration.
Could you please tell us more on the way the SLR2 is set on the Octo, the camera on the SLR2 and if you used special PIDs and ??? settings.
Could that be done on a hexa XL* or does the octo provides a much bigger stability ?
What is the part of the (small & light) carbon props in the quality of the results ?

Thanks a lot,
best regards
Denis
(* an hexa XL with a single 6400 lipo would fly at about the same weight by engine?)

HolgerB meinte
German Translation here

Hello,

yesterday I used the good weather and tested the new CX730 from Sony (Infos von Copterfan) on the OktoKopter-XL.

The Equipment
- OktoKopter XL
- CFK-Propellers
- GPS and Navi
- camera mount: SLR2
- 10.000/4s Lipo (two 5.000er parallel) -> 17 minutes flight time with thie payload
- 5.8GHz video transmitter (the components will be in the shop soon)
- the movie scenes are not deshaked by software

The videos are even more brilliant in the raw material.

Regards,
Holger
Entwickler, Admin
nosig78 meinte
Congratulation.
I would like to understand if all the "magic" comes from the Sony CX730 stabilisation or from your configuration.

It is the combination of the stabilizer of the Gimbal and the stabilizer of the camera.
The stabilizer in the CX730 is extremly fast, but has a small operating angle and the SLR2 gimbal has a wide operating angle, but is not that fast.

Here one detail photo of the Okto XL with the Sony
User image

The IR-LED is attached to the camera.
The Lipoholder with the cameramount is decoupled by 20mm rubber buffers. These are even more soft than our 15mm buffers. We will sell these 20mm types in 4 weeks in our shop.

Regarding the IR-Transmitter: It has a serial interface like the Flight control and so different kinds of cameras can be supported by software-updates.

Regards,
Holger
« Bearbeitet von HolgerB am 07.05.2012 08:54. »
Mitglied
Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer, the picture and the details.

It is really interesting to see what are the realworld solutions that are working, compared to all we can think before testing, or read...

Interesting to see that you are decoupling the camera mount AND the lipos, and not dampening between them as before.
"Any advise to calm the beast for video welcome ;-)..."

Thanks
Best regards
Denis
Mitglied
good night

Where do I buy the IR-Transmitter?
Mitglied
HolgerB meinte
We will provide the same telemetry screen and voice for the MX-20 soon

Hi, will the firmware work as normal for other models, and behave differently just for MK ? (for hobbyists, it's no good if the firmware makes the transmitter less useful too the 19 other aircrafts.)
Mitglied
Hallo Holger,

echt super, wackelfreies Bild und die Zoomfunktion überzeugt. Wird es diese IR Geschichte auch für andere Cams geben, ich habe die Panasonic HDC-SD800. Ich denke die steht der Sony um nichts, oder um nicht viel nach.

MFG Axel
Mitglied
Hallo Holger,
I have a Sony HDR-XR550V, wich is pretty much the same the one your flying with, is this trigger compatible?
Great advances on the new firmwares...

Eduardo Russo
Mitglied
OK, I want one.... badly!
When is the reelese of the IR in your store?
Entwickler, Admin
Freddeism meinte

Soon. I think until the end of this month. It is basically a teachable IR-Remote control. That allows to use all kind of Cameras with IR.
So you could control even you TV if you want.

darekbog meinte
Could you reveal the settings of the okto xl (gyro, alt, camera , etc...) used in this movies:
Please upload somewhere settings file so we could analyse every parameter.

ConfigurationFile

The combination of the SLR1-Gimbal, the Vibration damping and the LipoHolder and the SONY CX730 seems to be perfect:
- The Lipo-Holder with Vibration dampers kill many of the high-frequency-vibrations (Also CFK-Props were used)
- The SLR-Gimbal on the MikroKopter can move over a wide ange-range but is limited in speed
- The SONY-Stabilizer is extremly fast but limited in the ange-range

Regards,
Holger
Mitglied
Hello Holger,

Were you able to see the data in the video display on the ground?
Like camera start and stop?
I tried a lot of settings but without result ;-(

Regards,
Rogier
Mitglied
Freddeism meinte

Yes, please, I am busy with an order and would love to buy the IR transmitter now too.

Is it available yet?

tks
Entwickler, Admin
rogier meinte
Were you able to see the data in the video display on the ground?
Like camera start and stop? I tried a lot of settings but without result ;-(

There is a small trick: When you use the IR-Ctrl, you can program the IR-Function of the Menu-Key (mittel-key of the arrows). If you press them twice, you will see the state of the cam.
The Record is not influenced by the Menu-Key.

JohnGore meinte
Freddeism meinte

Yes, please, I am busy with an order and would love to buy the IR transmitter now too.
Is it available yet?

Yes, here:
http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-35041.html
« Bearbeitet von HolgerB am 22.06.2012 11:47. »
Mitglied
Holger

Zitat
The Lipoholder with the cameramount is decoupled by 20mm rubber buffers. These are even more soft than our 15mm buffers. We will sell these 20mm types in 4 weeks in our shop.

That was written on 7May12. When will the 20mm buffers be available in the shop?
Mitglied
Mitglied, don't wait for 20mm buffers, we choose 15mm and for CX730 it's absolutely sufficient. We have some videos just with 8mm and it was satisfying too... (Octo XL).
Mitglied
I am using exactly the same setup, Okto-XL, Sony 730, 2x 5000 lipo etc.

Today I had a very lucky escape where after only about 8 minutes, with 2 :( full batteries, I got "Low voltage, Low voltage" coming from my transmitter. I immediately started to descend from approx 70m and within 10 seconds I had no control what so ever. Luckily I landed in some reeds next to a lake (about 1m from the water) from about 35m so there was no damage at all - very lucky.

Is there any way of having an earlier warning, as it was literally - low voltage signal x 2, then fall from sky. No way could I land in time.

But I'm also concerned about the short flight time too. Any ideas.

Please forgive me as its only my second flight and I'm new to all this.

Thanks, Kev. :(

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Photo & Video » English: Zoom