MikroKopter - Forum » Photo & Video » video transmitting

video transmitting

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hello!

so I’ve bought a Video Tx/Rx set (5,8 GHz Iftrontech AV NANO Stinger Transmitter (25mW)
/ 5,8 GHz Iftrontech Nano AV-Receiver) and a LANC-control for my sony cx730. How does one properly connect the video Transmitter to power on the mikrokopter? The only info I was able to find was ‘solder a BEC connector to the power bord’. where should it be soldered? are there more possibilities of how to get power to the transmitter please?
Same for the ground-receiver, I have a 7inch monitor which requires 12v DC, same goes for the Receiver - can I use one of my 4s LiPos I got with the mikrokopter and wire both units to it? or just 12v off my car battery/started engine?

thank you.

Please excuse If I’m double posting; I just can’t seem to find any sort of detailed info on this.
Mitglied
can you actually power the transmitter from a bec conector soldered to the power distribution board directly? if i would solder it to the same connection the led stripes ale soldered to?( 3 are occupied by the led stips on the okto, one is free) i can read about 16v there when the kopter is switched on, the transmitter needs 6-17vdc according to the manual - that should be ok right?

thanks
Mitglied
I think you Transmitter runs on 7V ? it would be easyer to work with a separat Lipo (i use a 800mAh 2S, very light), and my 12V Monitor works fine with a 3S, ist possible that a full 4S with more than 14V can destroy the Monitor.

mfg Tom
Mitglied
lithium meinte
can you actually power the transmitter from a bec conector soldered to the power distribution board directly? if i would solder it to the same connection the led stripes ale soldered to?( 3 are occupied by the led stips on the okto, one is free) i can read about 16v there when the kopter is switched on, the transmitter needs 6-17vdc according to the manual - that should be ok right?

As it is stated the video transmitter is 6-17VDC, it fits the max voltage of a Lipo 4S (=16.8 V). You can hence connect it directly to the power distribution board.

On the Okto-XL power board you can get power from 1 of the 4 points at the edge where you connect the LED strips for the riggers. I recommend to put a connector so you can disconnect if you need to take it apart for service.

For strange reasons 3 of the 4 points has pin spacing 2.54 mm (100 mil), but the front one has 3 mm spacing. Why-oh-why?

I use a DC-DC 12 V converter (a BEC) for video transmitters and some other 12 V usage. Also I have another DC-DC 5V to power other electronics.
Mitglied
lithium meinte
Same for the ground-receiver, I have a 7inch monitor which requires 12v DC, same goes for the Receiver - can I use one of my 4s LiPos I got with the mikrokopter and wire both units to it? or just 12v off my car battery/started engine?

You need to check the data sheet for the monitor, but likely LiPo 4S (=16.8V max) is too high.

That being said, these monitors can typically run with quite a range of voltage (mine down to ~8V) and use little power (<10W). I use 8 NiMH AA cell (nominal 1.2 V * 8 = 9.6 V) batteries to power both monitor and video receiver.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 31.05.2014 12:38. »

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Photo & Video » video transmitting