MikroKopter - Forum » Photo & Video » ShutterCable Triggering from Transmitter AND from Waypoints

ShutterCable Triggering from Transmitter AND from Waypoints

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hi, I'm new to the group. I'm using a Okto XL with a shuttercable connected to a Canon T2i. I have the shutter working from my transmitter (Graupner MC-32) using channel 11 connected through POTI 7 but it's not triggering the camera for Waypoint flight even though I have "Combine with Waypoint Event" checked off.

I have read the information titled "Combine with Waypoint Event" on the page http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MK-Parameter/Output but I can't understand what I need to do. They seem to talk about a 3 way switch to toggle between manual camera triggering and waypoint camera triggering but I'm not sure how to do this or if it is required.

Can someone explain this further?

Thanks,
Mark
Mitglied
I´m not using it right now (only the triggering switch on/off), but as far as i read the englisch wiki they say: "The box "combine with WP-Event" is (must be) enabled" and not checked off.

So when you can use a three-way switch:

Position1 = 0%everything is off - no photos
Pos2= 50% (middle of the servoway in your transmitter?) manualy photo trigger
Pos3= 100% waypoint trigger

LG
archikopter
Mitglied
So it turns out a bit of "trickery" is required to use both manual and waypoint-event triggering. You run an extra ground wire and attach it in parallel to BOTH outputs on the FC, meaning you wire the shuttercable to use both Output 1 AND Output 2. You set output 1 to the waypoint event trigger and set output 2 to a Poti controlled by a specific channel on your transmitter. This way you can use either to trigger the camera shutter.

I tried it and it works great.

Mark

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Photo & Video » ShutterCable Triggering from Transmitter AND from Waypoints