MikroKopter - Forum » Software, APPs & Programmierung » FrSky Taranis Telemetry - From MK

FrSky Taranis Telemetry - From MK

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1 2 3 4 > »

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hello
I got in my hands recently a TARANIS radio and i start to play around with the Telemetry data from X8R RX , i found some projects that already work for FrSky like Mavlink_Frsky project , that do the communication between the Mavlink and Frsky. with the help of my Friend Nicolas "nicodh" i found some other sources like Altastation , that takes MK data and concatenates them in order to show them into a smal Lcd with Arduino.
So i start some developent to combine those two projects , and take the good parts of them . i finsish this project in just 3 days , so there are plenty more things to do , i call every body who can to participate in this project in order to get it grow , nicodh starts a custom firmware for Taranis for example.

So i am pushing data to Taranis like.
Altitude
Voltage
UsedCapacity
Variometer
ErrorCode
SatsInuse

The project is open source in github https://github.com/gc9n/Taranis_MK_Nettraptor
so a participation from Developers will be a great idea in order to brake the bonds from comercial telemtry Radios , i did the start !

I am Using a Teensy 3.1 because this little thing is Fast,have 3 couples of serials (RX TX) , small.

The connectivity is like this
User image
« Bearbeitet von Nettraptor am 11.07.2014 09:00. »
Mitglied
hi tezaman,

that are good news.

I can help you on this Project, have MKs and taranis TX at start...
More as PM...

cu,
mIchael
Mitglied
Na das hört sich doch SUPER an. Darauf warte ich schon lange. Leider ist mein English sehr dürftig. Wenn es dann diesen beitrag noch auf Deutsch geben würde, wären sicherlich viele von den älteren MK Piloten dankbar. Aber es geht ja schon mal weiter.
Mitglied
california1105 meinte
Na das hört sich doch SUPER an. Darauf warte ich schon lange. Leider ist mein English sehr dürftig. Wenn es dann diesen beitrag noch auf Deutsch geben würde, wären sicherlich viele von den älteren MK Piloten dankbar. Aber es geht ja schon mal weiter.

Dont Worry use Google Translate..
« Bearbeitet von Nettraptor am 11.07.2014 11:46. »
Mitglied
quadflyer8 meinte
hi tezaman,

that are good news.

I can help you on this Project, have MKs and taranis TX at start...
More as PM...

cu,
mIchael

indeed great news! for a start buy a Teensy 3.1 and do the first test uploading the code, and connecting it to MK-X8R
Mitglied
Hi,
well, giorgios is a fast guy, didn't had the time to finish my part the job was done.

I'm planning to make a telemetry script using the lua interpreter on the taranis. I need to add some stuff to make it work, lua interpreter is not yet finished, but to give all an idea here is a screen shot of what i finished:

externer Link:
User image

It will display the error codes sent by the mk. The same way graupner does.

Not all data showed can be displayed yet. I'm building a custom firmware to test it.
Entwickler, Admin
Hello,

wouldn't it make sense to implement the telemetry protocol into the FC code?
http://svn.mikrokopter.de/filedetails.php?repname=FlightCtrl&path=%2Ftags%2FV2.06e%2Fuser_receiver.c
You can select "USER Receiver" in the Settings and these function will be called then.

Regards,
Holger
Mitglied
HolgerB meinte
Hello,

wouldn't it make sense to implement the telemetry protocol into the FC code?
http://svn.mikrokopter.de/filedetails.php?repname=FlightCtrl&path=%2Ftags%2FV2.06e%2Fuser_receiver.c
You can select "USER Receiver" in the Settings and these function will be called then.

Regards,
Holger

Ofcourse!
Can you help?i am sure that a lot of people will be interested! to see a new value of FrSky into the MK radio settings (with Telemetry!)

i never developed something to FC code., and i think i will have to write code for the Basic Comunication from Taranis to MK , and for the telemetry also.

My solution is quick and dirty. with an external hardware "translator"

I also dont know how the FC will send the data to X8R reciever , like jeti?
« Bearbeitet von Nettraptor am 11.07.2014 14:00. »
Mitglied
I already ask you Holger a while ago.

The problem with FC is we use the RX/TX for SBUS input. So the RX for telemetry is used for the Sbus data. Is there a serial free?
Mitglied
exactly.
Mitglied
Based on Netraptor code i created a table trying to show what has been done up to now.
externer Link:
User image

I think we can drop the navidata.gas and use RPM for something else more interesting.

NetRaptor, please correct me if im wrong.
« Bearbeitet von nicodh am 11.07.2014 17:07. »
Mitglied
nicodh meinte
I already ask you Holger a while ago.
The problem with FC is we use the RX/TX for SBUS input. So the RX for telemetry is used for the Sbus data. Is there a serial free?

to be exact, we only need the RX for the s.bus channel transmission, so we have the TX pin of the same serial for output to the FRSKY Receiver. (on s.bus we do not close the Jeti Jumper for the Jeti singlepin RX/TX connection)
But I don't know if we can use only the TX signal seperately for this purpose.

perhaps Holger can say something to this issue that helps ...
Mitglied
Yes, i know about the free tx, but frsky is 2way telemetry so we need tx/rx or some kind of single wire serial protocol. Another question should be if the baud rate of the sbus is the same as the s.port of frsky.
Mitglied
i am trying to get the FC FLAGS
http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/FCFlags

But from the Serial the Calibrate is =196 and not 2 .. ofcourse all the others is something else the Start is not 3 but 197.
does somebody know something?
Mitglied
Nettraptor meinte
But from the Serial the Calibrate is =196 and not 2 .. ofcourse all the others is something else the Start is not 3 but 197.

don't know, but if 196=2 and 197=3, than perhaps 199=5=lowbat and so on?
perhaps Holger could help...
Mitglied
NetRaptor, i made a small change (you have a pull request after the match :-D ) .

I droped the gas stuff and changed for sats in use. Much more interesting data to have.

In theory the lua now displays some more data.
Working:
voltage
amps
mAh
sats in use
heading
altitude and gps altitude

Still to add, maybe flight time in secs, error codes, etc.

I will put the lua file in the github, so every one can enjoy.
Mitglied
hello nettraptor and nicodh,

I have now a teensy 3.1 here and do the first tests.
an issue is: we have already connected MKUSB or Wi232 over 10pin Connector, so there is no Connection free for the teensy.

you can write pm.

cu.
Michael
Mitglied
I have a bluetooth also.
but i can play with only one at a time , i disconnect the teensy from X8R to play with bluetooth , and if i connect the teensy back i get the telemtry.
Mitglied
You can try to remove the TX2 from teensy > mikrokopter . and try again , i think it doesnt need to be connected. and this is the reason for not playing together teensy and bluetooth.
Mitglied
Nettraptor, this is true if the bluetooth is connected to a computer (the signal is sent by the mktool and not the teensy). You need to tell the navi that you want the data from time to time. :)

Anyway, we are making progress (well nettraptor more than me). He just integrated the GPS data to the telemetry. So now we also have in the screen the distance from home. I will add the home heading today if i have some time (taranis side). Then we need to wrap the flags (NC and FC) and we will have a full telemetry display on taranis for mikrokopter.
Mitglied
Gibt es zu diesem Thema schon weitere Infos, evtl. auch in deutsch. Ich würde es gerne mal testen. Teensy 3.1 ist vorhanden.
Mitglied
it's working, i'm using it and nettrapor too. It's a workin progress. We are trying to add more features.
Mitglied
sorry, I don't get it to work...

is the schematics in #1 correct? Or should RX/TX be swapped? not clear...even done the swap, but still no luck...
is this the latest code? https://github.com/gc9n/Taranis_MK_Nettraptor

I have used Arduino IDE 1.0.5 with teeensy extensions to compile, had no error in the sketch, could load it to teensy, so the soft should work, but it did not... on teensy I get a LED solid lit that flakers from time to time...

it the some news with the lua script? What Taranis Firmware is exactly needed?

hope for more Infos from you guys to get it working...

cu...
Mitglied
HI,

it´s working - many thx.

- Taranis with Firmware 2.0.8 and X8R
- Teensy 3.1
- Arduino IDE 1.0.5-r2
- Connection like the jpg above
- Code from GitHub
- LUA sript on SD-CARD - at the moment a little bug in the error code line

Grettings

Stefan

P.S.: Keep up the good work !!! :) :) :)

User image
« Bearbeitet von mikrokopter2902 am 01.08.2014 20:57. »
Mitglied
Im programmer but in java and php :)

and completly new in RC and arduino.

May be I can help later :) but first I have to study how to install it and start.

Is it possible to install this program on Arduino Pro Mini ??
(i have one)

I order Teensy 3.1 to by compatible with You :)
« Bearbeitet von lkk7 am 03.08.2014 23:11. »

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1 2 3 4 > »

MikroKopter - Forum » Software, APPs & Programmierung » FrSky Taranis Telemetry - From MK