MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Alu rigger 545 mm?

Alu rigger 545 mm?

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
An Okto XL has 4 short riggers (355 mm) and 4 long rigger (460 mm). Today I found in the MK shop that also very long riggers 545 mm are offered. Also in red, but no blue :-(.

When was these very long riggers introduced? It must be very recent because they are not yet sold elsewhere.

What are they used for? Is it part of a secret plan to make radial octo-copters with big 38 cm propellers for longer flight times? Rumours-rumours :-)
Mitglied
Did you read,that now Dodeka is possible? :roll: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Koax Adapter.....

14" Props....
Mitglied
blosmi meinte
Did you read,that now Dodeka is possible? :roll: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dodeka is 12, that was always possible. The 16 motors is new, what is this called?

blosmi meinte
Koax Adapter.....

But those 545 mm riggers are not for coax layout, they are for normal (radial) layout.

blosmi meinte
14" Props....

I can never understand these US Quaker unit system, so let us keep it in metric.

The 545 mm riggers are long enough for 38 cm props, had they been 1 cm longer (555 mm) they would fit 40 cm props.

Why have the 545 mm riggers not been advertised on the new product page? It must be part of an undercover product release...
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 22.04.2015 16:47. »
Entwickler, Admin
In our shop you can see:
"This product was added to our catalog on Friday 05 December, 2014."
That's the reason why it not on the new product page anymore...

12 is dodeka
16 should be something like hexadeka
any greek speaking people here ?
« Bearbeitet von IngoB am 22.04.2015 17:08. »
Mitglied
IngoB meinte
In our shop you can see:
"This product was added to our catalog on Friday 05 December, 2014."
That's the reason why it not on the new product page anymore...

Indeed, I see now.

545 mm is very long! I would have thought for so long riggers that you would use a rectangular alu size 10x15 mm or 10x20 mm.

Do you have an example of an octo-copter using these? I presume that MikroKopter has at least one micro-copter prototype with these for flight test. Photos, please!

What is the propeller size proposed for an octo-copter with these riggers? 38 cm as I estimated?

If MikroKopter made a new centre plate (carbon 2 mm please) with 2-4 cm larger diameter, 40 cm propellers should be possible on circular radial octo-copter.

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Alu rigger 545 mm?