MikroKopter - Forum » Electronics » WI232 modules 868 MHz, ID0 and ID1

WI232 modules 868 MHz, ID0 and ID1

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
What is happening with the Wi232 modules in the MK shop? It looks incomplete.

1. In the shop there is sets for 900 MHz (US) with module for copter (TTL serial) and for ground station (USB Mini). However for 868 MHz ISM band in EU there appear to be no sets for sale and only possible to buy module for copter (with TTL serial). Where is 868 MHz module for ground station?

2. The 868 MHz models version 2 are sold as ID0 and ID1. Is that two different frequencies within the 868 MHz band?

3. I have a set of WI232 radios 868 MHz that I bought 3 years ago, back when they were sold as a set only. I need another module that can communicate with one of them, is that ID0 or ID1?

The Wiki page about Wi232 has no details about ID0 and ID1.
Mitglied
Here is some more information:

http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/Wi232Kopter
Mitglied
Zitat

But given information from both sources (Wi232Kopter and ID0,ID1 ) aren't consistent concerning Channel and ID.

Zitat
2. The 868 MHz models version 2 are sold as ID0 and ID1. Is that two different frequencies within the 868 MHz band?

The description says, both modules are working on Channel 0. Therewith both modules are working on the same frequency, but with different logical identifiers.

Zitat
3. I have a set of WI232 radios 868 MHz that I bought 3 years ago, back when they were sold as a set only. I need another module that can communicate with one of them, is that ID0 or ID1?

Afaik, the former wi232 - standard - settings from MK were "Channel = 1" and "Network Group ID = 66".

I'm sure, when you send a mail to the MK-Shop, you will get the right module.

Jürgen

Mitglied
Magomora meinte

Thanks for the link, so the two versions use different frequencies. Unfortunately it does not state what the original sold modules used.

I wish the wiki was a bit more detailed.
Mitglied
Heidi02 meinte
But given information from both sources (Wi232Kopter and ID0,ID1 ) aren't consistent concerning Channel and ID.

Indeed, it looks like these pages could need a revision and be a bit more clear about the details. Also, the Wi232Kopter page has a link to an English page, but the page is missing.
Zitat
The description says, both modules are working on Channel 0. Therewith both modules are working on the same frequency, but with different logical identifiers.

It looks like it is two different channels, i.e. two different frequencies. I am not sure what role the "Network Group ID" is playing.
Zitat
Afaik, the former wi232 - standard - settings from MK were "Channel = 1" and "Network Group ID = 66".
I'm sure, when you send a mail to the MK-Shop, you will get the right module.

It is really is something that should be explained in the wiki, that would be far faster for both clients and Mikrokopter, than having to reply individual customer questions about simple products information.
Mitglied
The easiest way will be, you read out the settings with configuration tool as described here:

http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/RadioTronix

Nevertheless, even if two modules use the same frequency, it doesn't matter, if they have different
"Network Group ID's" and CSMA is enabled (default). This means, only RX and TX modules with the same
group ID will talk to each other. If currently the frequency is occupied by another data transmission (different
module), the module will wait , until the other module is ready sending it's data.
Mitglied
Zitat
It looks like it is two different channels, i.e. two different frequencies...

Yes, you're right - within this page.

Wi232Kopter - Ch.0 , Network Group ID 55
Wi232Kopter - Ch.1 , Network Group ID 66
In this case, the Network Group ID's are corresponding to the MK-Shop ID's 0 and 1

But the MK-Shop-Links are different
ID0 - MK WI232 V2.0 868-Ch.0 ID0 (Kopter)
ID1 - MK WI232 V2.0 868-Ch.0 ID1 (Kopter)

Zitat
…I am not sure what role the "Network Group ID" is playing.

As Magomora already said…
"Each module can be assigned a 7-bit group ID, which is used to logically link it to other modules on the same channel. Any data received from a module with a different group ID is discarded." 7-bit means, up to 128 different Network Group ID's are possible.

BTW - there is another failure. The frequencies of the 868 - Modules, as described at the Wi232Kopter - Page aren't correct. They should be 868.300MHz and 868.950MHz because we use the DTS-Mode.

Here is a link to the Tranceivers Data-Sheet - TRM-868-EUR

Jürgen

Mitglied
Heidi02 meinte
But the MK-Shop-Links are different
BTW - there is another failure.

I see now, indeed inconsistent and should be corrected by Mikrokopter wiki / shop maintainer.
Mitglied
Magomora meinte
The easiest way will be, you read out the settings with configuration tool as described here:

http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/RadioTronix

I have tried the RadioTronix setup program. Setup data from my existing ground station module:

externer Link:
User image

So channel appear to be 0, and network group register also 0. I can set the transmit and receive channels to 1, but "Network Group Register" can not change to 66, it just goes back to 0 after each power cycle (reboot).

And now after examining these details the radio link between the 868 Mhz modules is not working :?, I will have to look into this later. Meanwhile I will try to use a 3DR radio set, which has its own set of peculiarities.
Mitglied
Please keep in mind, that you reset the Wi232 if the configuration jumper is already closed when you connect the voltage!!!

First connect the Wi232 to the supply and NOW close the config jumper!

Jürgen

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Electronics » WI232 modules 868 MHz, ID0 and ID1