MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Tethered MK

Tethered MK

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hello,

First time in this forum. We are a proud user of MK Octo XL 6S12.

We are developing a tethered system for MK. Anyone have tried this? we have done some market research and some company in france have a system, but the price is outrageous (EU.22K).

We will appreciate any suggestions, ideas, experience, etc. :D

regards
Mitglied
How high are you planning to go?

What kind of Voltage source do you plan to use ?

Do you have roller system for cable ?

I also have questions :P

Regards
Mehmet
« Bearbeitet von mehmetyldz87 am 20.01.2016 18:20. »
Mitglied
hotdrone meinte
First time in this forum. We are a proud user of MK Octo XL 6S12.

Welcome!

hotdrone meinte
We are developing a tethered system for MK. Anyone have tried this? we have done some market research and some company in france have a system, but the price is outrageous (EU.22K).

We will appreciate any suggestions, ideas, experience, etc. :D

I have never used a system like that, but I have thought about the idea some 5 years back.

The advantage of a tethered system is that you do not run out of power. Nevertheless you should place a small battery on the micro-copter, enough to fly for 1-2 mn. to safely land if main power goes out.

Remember a cable is also heavy if it is long. 10 m cable is probably alright, but to have the micro-copter lift a 50 m is likely rather heavy.

As a simple system you would just run it with a 25 V power supply from cable to ground, and with LiPo 6S battery connected on the micro-copter in parallel.

On a more advanced system you would separate small battery and ground cable, so ground cable does not charge the small battery, but small battery would be used as soon as voltage drop because of ground cable failure. I think it could be done with a LiPo decoupler. When the ground cable and small battery are separated you can run the ground cable on a higher voltage (30 V?). Perhaps even higher, you need to check. With higher voltage the current is lower and that means a thinner ground cable can be used.

Last year (2015) a Danish engineering company used a tethered micro-copter to fly at 35 m during 2 h for traffic counting (article in Danish).

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Tethered MK