MikroKopter - Forum » BL-Ctrl » BL-ctrl v2.0 - controller ?

BL-ctrl v2.0 - controller ?

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hi everyone,

Im kinda new to this controller, so my very basic question is: What does this motor-controller actually control ? If I input a PWM signal, will the controller then set the speed of the motor accordingly? And does this mean there is a linear relationship between PWM and motor speed?

Kind regards
Mitglied
folmer88 meinte
Im kinda new to this controller, so my very basic question is: What does this motor-controller actually control ? If I input a PWM signal, will the controller then set the speed of the motor accordingly? And does this mean there is a linear relationship between PWM and motor speed?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Normally the MikroKopter BL-motor-ctrls are controlled by I2C, so a digital protocol for speed. Speed is linear to value.

There is a possibility to use PPM / PWM signal. I have not looked into the details of this, so I am not sure if it is actually a PWM signal that you can connect to the PPM pad on the BL-motor-Ctrl V2. For the finer details of this you better contact HolgerB.

Not about V2 but this is what HolgerB explained about BL-Motor-Ctrl V3.
Mitglied
Thank you.

So when you mean value you mean the input to the controller ? Im using px4 on pixhawk and i believe the output is a signal from -1 to 1 (depending on rotor direction) which then would be the input to the bl-ctrl i suppose.
Mitglied
folmer88 meinte
So when you mean value you mean the input to the controller ? Im using px4 on pixhawk and i believe the output is a signal from -1 to 1 (depending on rotor direction) which then would be the input to the bl-ctrl i suppose.

The normal system is that you use a Mikrokopter FlightCtrl e.g. V2.5 and a MK powerboard with the BL-motor-Ctrls. Here the FlightCtrl and power board are connected with a 5 pin cable with I2C data interface.

You want to use a different flight ctrl, Pixhawk px4. I do not know the details of this flight ctrl, but I guess it cannot output MK I2C data, so you will use PWM signals to control the BL-motor-ctrls.

Are you using individual BL-motor-ctrls or a power board with 4, 6 or 8 BL-motor-ctrls?

"a signal -1 to 1". Is that a special PWM mode? I believe with a PWM output is normally 0% to 100% speed, not -100% to +100%.

Are you trying to do something with changing motor rotation direction mid-flight? That will not work with BL-motor-ctrl V2.

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » BL-Ctrl » BL-ctrl v2.0 - controller ?