MikroKopter - Forum » Software » Flying in a straight line - improving the parameters

Flying in a straight line - improving the parameters

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hi
I would like to improve flying of my mikrrokopter octocopters in a straight line in dynamic PH. When I am looking at trail of forward flight of my copter it looks more like snake trail than straight line. Generally it's not bed I feel that copters are swinging from the straight line 1 - 1,5 meter. What parameters can I change to improve that ? I was playing a little bit with GPS Gain but didn't see huge difference. What is your experience ? Maybe I am asking for too much ? Now I have default settings and firmware 2.12.
Mitglied
GPS always have some drift because of the accuracy, I also suffer that problem from time to time, but not sure if yours is constannt, any day, any wind, any solar activity, or if it only happens some days

It could be the day (solar storm reducing gps accuracy), gyro pids, gps pids...

Does your copter fly straight when kp index is lower than 3 and no wind?
Mitglied
darekbo meinte
I would like to improve flying of my mikrrokopter octocopters in a straight line in dynamic PH. When I am looking at trail of forward flight of my copter it looks more like snake trail than straight line.

If you set up a single point, can the micro-copter fly towards this single point in a straight line?
Mitglied
Hi thanks for join the discussion.

Fersom: yes the line is more or less straight. The swing is 1-1.5 meter.

Andres: I think even during no wind conditions my copter is flying sometimes a little s-line not straight.

Sometimes on the same copter settings copter is flying straight and sometimes not :( So that's possible that that's GPS fault...
Mitglied
darekbo meinte
Fersom: yes the line is more or less straight. The swing is 1-1.5 meter.

So manual flying is as precise as when you use single point (way-point) flying?

For me it is usually more precise to use single points or way-points than flying manual. One possible problem with manual flight is that on the RC transmitter sticks it can be difficult to do precise finger movement and keep finger at position.

darekbo meinte
Sometimes on the same copter settings copter is flying straight and sometimes not :( So that's possible that that's GPS fault...

Check ACC calibration, compass calibration and that centre of gravity is perfect or at least as good as possible. Also, the frame must be symmetrical.

Your problem might be like described here.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 11.04.2016 18:53. »
Mitglied
Maybe I am asking for to much but single-point flying is similar to PH flying because I am just putting the stick to forward position and look how the copter is flying and sometimes it flying nicely straight sometimes not. I will try to investigate this acc calibration during flight.
Mitglied
darekbo meinte
Maybe I am asking for to much but single-point flying is similar to PH flying because I am just putting the stick to forward position and look how the copter is flying and sometimes it flying nicely straight sometimes not. I will try to investigate this acc calibration during flight.

No, they are different. With single point flying the NaviCtrl knows the final location so it is all the times adjusting flying towards those lat-lon coordinates.

When you fly manually it is just based on the current and it might be influenced by side wind. See what I have written in the thread I linked to.

You are not asking for too much. I wish MikroKopter could make it more precise. One idea I had was to treat manual flight in PosHold mode as calculated new positions. So when you move forward the NaviCtrl calculate the new position based on how long time you have held the stick forward and by how much. This calculated position is actually what it would move towards.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 13.04.2016 20:35. »

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Software » Flying in a straight line - improving the parameters