MikroKopter - Forum » Software » Waypoint flight from low height

Waypoint flight from low height

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1 2 >

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
With software 2.12 and earlier I have used single points and way point a lot for filming. A good camera movement is to fly from low height ~4 m up to ~30 m while moving in X direction.

After installing software 2.14 I have realised the software blocks this nice film movement. The micro-copter always flies vertical up to 20 m before starting the diagonal movement.

To avoid this limitation, the only work around I have found is to let it rise to 20 m, see that it change into the phase of forward movement, then manually pull it down to the needed start height and then continue the way point flight. This is a troublesome work around, and I would like to have a proper solution.

As far as I understand the 20 m "feature" was added as an attempt of a safety limit to avoid that people who do not understand geometry flies into buildings or trees.

Perhaps the 20 m safety height was set from the height of the trees in the famous HolgerB backyard in Moormerland, but I can assure you that the wiki example of diagonal way point flight from Avenue Charles Floquet in Paris, it would not help because the houses there has 8 floors, so the height is >28 m. I think it is a mistake to try to set a 20 m limit.

How do I disable this 20 m rise limit?
Mitglied
Dear Foersom ,

There is no option for disable this limit. May be @Holger allows us to make changes this limit in the SD card or Navi-Tabs for KopterTool
Mitglied
hallo,

ja, meine ich auch.
vielleicht gibt uns holger eine möglichkeit das in den settings zu deaktivieren, so wie man auch einen start ohne gps fix bzw. kompasserror deaktiviern kann.

lg ABH
Mitglied
mehmetyldz87 meinte
There is no option for disable this limit. May be @Holger allows us to make changes this limit in the SD card or Navi-Tabs for KopterTool

Changing it on the SD-card as a minimum height value could be one solution that could be implemented.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 22.04.2016 09:28. »
Mitglied
ABH meinte
ja, meine ich auch.
vielleicht gibt uns holger eine möglichkeit das in den settings zu deaktivieren, so wie man auch einen start ohne gps fix bzw. kompasserror deaktiviern kann.

If there has to be limit, perhaps it is best if there were a field in the settings where you set the minimum height for waypoint flight and default would be 20 m. That it would always rise to this height before waypoint flight and it would always stay above this height during waypoint flight. I think it would make it easy to understand and predict behaviour.

For my needs and likely for other professional users we can then set it to 4 m minimum or even 0 m to disable it.

ABH meinte
so wie man auch einen start ohne gps fix bzw. kompasserror deaktiviern kann.

Those options are fine, but the text of these settings are unnecessary complicated. For true / false (or on / off) options like this it is always best to keep a positive worded sentence and avoid negations and double negations. When the option is un-ticked it becomes rather complicated to read what is going to happen. But that is a different discussion to make with IngoB.

My suggestions for better explaining texts:

"not start without SD card" -> "require SD card to start" or "only start with SD card"
"not start without GPS fix" -> "require GPS fix to start"
"No beep without active sender" ??? -> maybe "No beep when sender lost"
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 22.04.2016 09:18. »
Mitglied
@Foersom : I also found the problem .......
http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-post551995.html#post551995
Mitglied
rtllrtll meinte
@Foersom : I also found the problem .......
http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-post551995.html#post551995

Thanks for the link, I see you have the same problem. As you describe it even works differently when flying diagonal upwards and downwards, which is confusing and illogical.

If this should be resolved, how do think it should done?
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
How do I disable this 20 m rise limit?

I am still looking for a solution to disable the 20 m rise limit. Has anyone found a way to disable it?
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
I am still looking for a solution to disable the 20 m rise limit. Has anyone found a way to disable it?

hi foersom !

es bleibt derzeit nur die möglichkeit eine alte firmware zu verwenden - leider !
dann funktioniert bei mir aber die neue camctrl nicht mehr ......

lg ABH
Entwickler, Admin
I changed it in the public Beta 2.15
Link: Beta-Version.

2.15c (03.05.2016)
Don't rise on first WP if the MK is alreay flying above 3m when activating the WP #1
-> I think that will already solve the problem.

Now the MK will only rise if the WPs are loaded before the start.

And: "Rise on first Waypoint" can be disabled by Parameter in general:

User image
« Bearbeitet von HolgerB am 03.05.2016 12:36. »
Mitglied
merci holger !
Mitglied
Bei mir fehlt ebenfalls das Kästchen "SingleWaypointSpeed"
User image
Entwickler, Admin
sollte jetzt wieder da sein ;)
Mitglied
HolgerB meinte
I changed it in the public Beta 2.15

2.15c (03.05.2016)
Don't rise on first WP if the MK is alreay flying above 3m when activating the WP #1
-> I think that will already solve the problem.

Now the MK will only rise if the WPs are loaded before the start.
And: "Rise on first Waypoint" can be disabled by Parameter in general:

With that option un-ticked it should be back to normal and that will solve my problem. Thanks!

I understand that rise to waypoint height is a feature to help beginners to avoid flying too low and hit objects. When I read about the feature and have seen it in praxis, with its separate rising phase and flying phase, with different behaviour depending on diagonal flight upwards or downwards, I find it very complex and I think it is not clear to understand what to expect. I would rather use my suggestion from above, with a field that specify the minimum height in meters for waypoint flight, and set it default to 20 m. I think it is much easier to understand, and I think it would also be the simplest to implement in the firmware, so less chance of unexpected side-effects or errors.
Mitglied
IngoB meinte
sollte jetzt wieder da sein ;)

I see that the settings window has a new layout with tab-page selection on the left. Looks good!

Perhaps there will again be space for bringing back the looping tab-page that disappeared in 2.14?

I have not yet tried looping, but I always dream about one day to gain the courage to test looping. Please bring it back!
Mitglied
Trying to install beta version.
MikroKopter.dll not found, message.
Where can I download that from?
Thank you
Mitglied
gruianostu meinte

Beta versions only have the updated files. To use a 2.15 beta, install first a release version 2.14, then overwrite that folder with the new 2.15 beta files.
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
gruianostu meinte

Beta versions only have the updated files. To use a 2.15 beta, install first a release version 2.14, then overwrite that folder with the new 2.15 beta files.

Thank you.
I did that.
I overwrote mikrokopter-tool.exe and mkmap.dll.
Now, it says:
"Importnant programs files not found.
Typical problems:
Are you running the tool in corect directory
Extract the zip before running
Do not drag exe on desktop
..."
« Bearbeitet von gruianostu am 27.08.2016 09:33. »
Mitglied
gruianostu meinte
Foersom meinte
gruianostu meinte

Thank you.
I did that.
I overwrote mikrokopter-tool.exe and mkmap.dll.
Now, it says:
"Importnant programs files not found.
Typical problems:
Are you running the tool in corect directory
Extract the zip before running
Do not drag exe on desktop
..."

Working now...
With mikrokoter-tool.exe and mkmap.dll from this folder:
http://files.mikrokopter.de/PublicBeta/alt/
The links directed me on this adress:
http://files.mikrokopter.de/PublicBeta/
and...with that .exe and .dll doesn't work.
Mitglied
gruianostu meinte
Working now...

I see the problem, following what wrote I made it fail once, but redoing it again it does not fail. I suspect it depends on earlier settings in registry.

@IngoB: MikroKopter Tool should have a way to re-init MikroKopter settings in registry, could be done with a command line option e.g. /init and batch file START_INIT.bat.
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
gruianostu meinte
Working now...

I see the problem, following what wrote I made it fail once, but redoing it again it does not fail. I suspect it depends on earlier settings in registry.

@IngoB: MikroKopter Tool should have a way to re-init MikroKopter settings in registry, could be done with a command line option e.g. /init and batch file START_INIT.bat.

No. It doesn't work.
And in ../alt/ folder is 2.13 version of MKTool. Is the only one working with overwrite...
What I have missed?
It can be some problem with my computer? The 2.14 version is working.
I see now...when I try to start MKTool, the software is creating, inside his folder, two new files "Language_EN.dat" and "Language_unknown_EN.log". Is that normal?
Thank you
« Bearbeitet von gruianostu am 28.08.2016 17:06. »
Mitglied
Hi Foersom
Can you send me, please, the file mikrokopter-tool.exe you have, because I think the file is the problem.
Like I see, it was updated in 22 of july and, probably, is too new.
Thank you
Mitglied
gruianostu meinte
Can you send me, please, the file mikrokopter-tool.exe you have, because I think the file is the problem.

I have messaged IngoB, I think he will come and explain how to make it work.

gruianostu, it would have been better if you had put this problem with 2.15a in a new forum thread and not continued on an old unrelated thread. It is sort of buried here.
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
gruianostu meinte

I have messaged IngoB, I think he will come and explain how to make it work.

gruianostu, it would have been better if you had put this problem with 2.15a in a new forum thread and not continued on an old unrelated thread. It is sort of buried here.

Thank you.
Entwickler, Admin
I have updated the KopterTool to V2.15b ... please try again.

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1 2 >

MikroKopter - Forum » Software » Waypoint flight from low height