What did you cook for us, Holger? ;)
« Bearbeitet von zond am 12.05.2016 17:39. »
Mitglied
zond meinte
Accidentally I saw a version 2.15 in section "PublicBeta"
What did you cook for us, Holger? ;)

Yes, it is still an un-declared beta, but there is some bits explained here:

http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-post553861.html#post553861

I recommend that you change the title of this thread when HolgerB / IngoB eventually start an official beta 2.15 thread, to avoid confusion.
Mitglied
Ok, thank you.
Mitglied
zond meinte
Ok, thank you.

What new software feature would you like to see in the next version (2.16)? What are you missing the most?

If it is a smaller feature and relative simple to implement in MK Tool, we might be able to convince IngoB to implement it in version 2.16.

If it is a complicated request it probably will be moved to following version 2.18.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 12.05.2016 20:39. »
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
What new software feature would you like to see in the next version (2.16)? What are you missing the most?

To get this started, this is one smaller feature / error fix I would like to see in 2.16:

MK-Tool always set itself to use a com port, even when you do not need MK-Tool to connect to the micro-copter but just need it to setup Waypoints and map.

If the computer only has one com port MK-Tool it will set it self to use that one. If that com port is in use for other purposes next time you start MK-Tool, it will show an error message-box "Unable to open com port (win error code: 5)". You click Ok and the program exit. There is no way you can get to a setup window where you can choose a com port and there select to use no com port.

How to reproduce error:

On PC with just a single com port start MK-Tool and select that com port. Exit MK-Tool.

Use RealTerm, Putty or HyperTerm to open the only com port.

Start MK-Tool and the error message-box "Unable to open com port ..." should appear.

What it should do:

1. When the error message-box "Unable to open com port ..." is displayed and user click Ok, MK-Tool should change to the initial set-up window or the terminal window where the user can select com port. In the com port list there should be an option "No Com".

2. There should be a command line option like "/init" where MK-Tool start as if it is started first time and reset its setup. The MK-Tool will then start at the inital setup window where com port etc. can be selected.
Mitglied
Hi
There should be easy solution to control max speed of the copter. Now you have to change 3 or 4 parameters. I would like to have just one place in koptertool where I will put max speed of the copter in km/h.
Mitglied
I have always had an issue with yawing on the spot. The MK always rotates 100 or so degrees and start taking of in another direction, even if there is no wind. I am guessing to might be coupled to the Axis Coupling, so I would like to see a new default setting, that makes it way easier to rotate on the spot, without having to correct the attitude of the multirotor.
I also have naze32 based racers and a phantom 4. Neither of those have problems during yawing (no GPS help engaged, of course).
Mitglied
Davs,

wizprod meinte
I have always had an issue with yawing on the spot. The MK always rotates 100 or so degrees and start taking of in another direction, even if there is no wind. I am guessing to might be coupled to the Axis Coupling, so I would like to see a new default setting, that makes it way easier to rotate on the spot, without having to correct the attitude of the multirotor.

This was discuss here: "Gieren bei Panoramaaufnahmen - Kopter läuft aus dem Mittelpunkt".

Best advice: To ensure a good Position-Hold while yawing, the ACC calibration, compass calibration and centre of gravity must be perfect or at least as good as possible. Also, the frame must be symmetrical.

If there is no wind I can keep the position quite well, but other times it does move during turning. I would prefer a firmware update so it just kept the known position-hold if the only stick action is yawing or altitude change.

Feel free to answer på dansk.
Mitglied
Hmm, that doesn't explain it as I see it.
- Position hold: I can do this no problem with position hold on my cheap naze32 board
- ACC-calibration: Agree, has to spot on
- Compass calibration: Shouldn't matter much, even less if Compass Effect variable is set low
- Centre of gravity: Shouldn't matter much, if enough motor reserver power is available, so yaw motion is stable.
- Symetrical frame: Well, to some extent, if the mix is proper, this shouldn't matter.

A very good example of this is to try fly a tight circle (2-3 meters) with the front pointing in the direction of flight all the time. I find this very hard with all my 3 MK's (2.5 to 13 kg), but piece of cake with my Phantom 4, and my Naze32 based racer.

I think the problem is this: http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/MK-Parameter/Coupling
the first paragraph states:
"A yaw movement couples pitch and roll now. This means that the MikroKopter flies a curve if, for example, you nick and yaw at the same time. This prevents that the MK is getting dizzy after curves. "

I have looked at these parameters before, but also seen people saying don't disable the coupling, though they did not state a reason for their advice. I will try experiment a little my 2.5 kg MK to see what it does.
Mitglied
wizprod meinte
Hmm, that doesn't explain it as I see it.

The best advice is from HolgerB.

wizprod meinte
- Compass calibration: Shouldn't matter much, even less if Compass Effect variable is set low

This matters a lot, at least with standard settings. Earlier this week I had problem with turning precise during panorama. I did a compass calibration. Yawing from position-hold was much more precise afterwards.

wizprod meinte
I think the problem is this: http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/MK-Parameter/Coupling
the first paragraph states:
"A yaw movement couples pitch and roll now. This means that the MikroKopter flies a curve if, for example, you nick and yaw at the same time. This prevents that the MK is getting dizzy after curves. "

To me that is only related to turning while flying (forward), i.e. yaw while nick.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 11.07.2016 08:06. »
Mitglied
It makes a lot of sense that a good compass-calibration matters when using PH, no argument at all there.

I will play around in the coming week if the weather permits, and keep you posted :D
Mitglied
I would like to be able to attach a LightWare laser altimeter to the V3.0 flight controller to provide AGL to the GPX and camera trigger files.
Mitglied
@dleroi you should use developer license to add your sensor. I hope, @Holger will inform us about that issue.
« Bearbeitet von mehmetyldz87 am 29.08.2016 11:32. »
Mitglied
@mehmetyldz87, thank you. I had not heard about a developer's license, but have emailed Holger and Ingo for information.

I think that most people that do photogrammetry would like the ability to attach a laser altimeter and log its output to the GPX and camera trigger files.
Mitglied
dleroi meinte
@mehmetyldz87, thank you. I had not heard about a developer's license, but have emailed Holger and Ingo for information.

I think that most people that do photogrammetry would like the ability to attach a laser altimeter and log its output to the GPX and camera trigger files.

That's my guess, On the FC3.0 product page, that statement is given "Source code, libraries, protocols, and a special 'compile' license are available for developers. For example, for integration or connection of additional sensors or hardware (Raspberry Pi, RTK applications, collision detection / avoidance, etc.) ". Also , I asked that issue to @LotharF and he said that "The developer license allows then to integrate and compile an own code in our software." . But there is no wiki page about that.

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Public BETA » a question about the new beta version