MikroKopter - Forum » Newbie » Waypoint Flight - Stop, adjust position of MK and then continue waypoint flight

Waypoint Flight - Stop, adjust position of MK and then continue waypoint flight

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hello everyone.
I am new here. I also want to help.
I'm developing a solution for industrial inspection using the MK Octo XL 6S. Detailed inspection of high voltage 750KV towers. I'm making flight through waypoint and stopping MK in places offering the best angle to see details of the tower parts. It's working very well. What you need:

- I need during the flight waypoint stop MK (positon Hold) and make adjustments at the height of aircraft for best film the tower without turning off the waypoint flight, then continue the flight waypoint. Is this possible?

thank you for your attention.
« Bearbeitet von Joao Marcelo am 23.05.2016 19:19. »
Mitglied
You can use a poti (control channel on RC) to adjust the speed between the waypoints: http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/MikroKopterTool-OSD/WaypointEditor#Speed_.5B0.1m.2Fs.5D With this setup you start the waypoint mission and with the poti you can adjust the speed until zero. I never tryed this with my copter, but referred to the mk-wiki, it should work!

good luck :-)
Mitglied
It works perfekt!!
Mitglied
Thank you! I'll try this week.
Entwickler, Admin
joao_marcelo meinte
- I need during the flight waypoint stop MK (positon Hold) and make adjustments at the height of aircraft for best film the tower without turning off the waypoint flight, then continue the flight waypoint. Is this possible?

You can also swith the GPS-Swith into PH. The MK will stop the waypoint flight.
If you put it back into CH-Position, the MK will resume the flight.

Only switching to "Free" will cancel the Waypoint flight.
Mitglied
Hi Holger,

Thank you for your attention.

The need is a little different. During waypoint flight when I change the Switch GPS-Switch CH into PH, sometimes you must manually change the position of MK and maintain stop in the new position to shoot small parts of the tower. After that, GPS-Switch switch PH for CH and continue the flight waypoint.

Today I will make the flight simulation test waypoint changing the flight speed waypoint at zero when the switch is in PH and see if I can move the MK and keep it stopped.

Tomorrow if the weather is good I will do field testing.

I'll post the results here.

Thanks again
Mitglied
Hello João and welcome to the forum.

joao_marcelo meinte
During waypoint flight when I change the Switch GPS-Switch CH into PH, sometimes you must manually change the position of MK and maintain stop in the new position to shoot small parts of the tower. After that, GPS-Switch switch PH for CH and continue the flight waypoint.

Yes that is possible. I would recommend to set a 5 s delay at the way-point. When it flies to the way-point it say a beep when way-point is reached. Switch to PosHold and film. Switch back to ComeHome to continue way-point flight.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 25.05.2016 08:15. »
Mitglied
Hello Foerson, Holger and solutionxxl,

Thanks for contributing.

I did the tests with waypoint flight stopping MK controlling the speed and using the switch in the PH position. For me it is the best way to make industrial inspection aerial. Associate the security that allows waypoint flight and the flexibility to make small adjustments to the speed of the aircraft position and yaw control.

obs .: On the flight emulation mode can not control the yaw during waypoint flight, no matter whether it is on or not carefree.

thank you all.
Mitglied
Hi all,

I'm just curious, are you doing inspections when the high power towers are active (under tension)?
How far do you stay from the towers doing this inspections?

Thanks already and good luck with the test :)

Best regards
Peter
Mitglied
Peter E meinte
Hi all,

I'm just curious, are you doing inspections when the high power towers are active (under tension)?
How far do you stay from the towers doing this inspections?

Thanks already and good luck with the test :)

Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, I do inspection tower 750KV voltage @ 2000A energized. The safe distance from MK Copter is 30m. At this distance we have no problem. I and my team have developed a video solution that allows telecommunications + see HD video and record the defect in real time. The project is to reduce the cost of inspection. Replace the use of helicopter and rise in technical energized tower to make a detailed inspection. This video shows some of the work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frFqXzW5LEs

Thanks for the interest
Mitglied
Hi Joao,

Thank you for your answer and video!
I'm amazed that there are no problems with magnetic fields or wathever...
Is this inspection possible with all types mikrokopters or do you have a special version for this kind of job?

Best regards
Peter
Mitglied
Hi Peter, this type of inspection can be done securely with ARF Mikrokopter. ARF Mikrokopter is the best solution. ARF 6S12 is better because it allows carrying heavy best quality cameras with flight time of 30min (80% battery 22000mAh / 6S), so we do inspection two distant towers 500m per flight. ARF Mikrokopter allows you to control the aircraft and the camera also via serial and this opens many possibilities of control.

In general, the video transmission systems are analog RF (Standard Definition - SD) or digital (High Definition - HD). But to do the job more quickly and in detail, we have developed some functions. For example add HD streaming IP video solution using HTLM5 browser that allows broadcast video over the Internet in real time. We transmit the video from the HD camera to the Ground Station (Notebook) via IP radio and the camera operator can then locally or via the Internet to the inspection report.

We did a report that was developed using the ARF 6S12 Mikrokopter and results. In this link you can access. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Jixb1b1C3XSGxjMVpmeDVjZms/view?usp=sharing

I am available to answer and help.

Thank you
« Bearbeitet von Joao Marcelo am 01.06.2016 19:24. »
Mitglied
Hi Joao,

Thank you for your answer and information. I have an okto and hexa xl from mikrokopter but I don't have the intention to do high voltage tower inspections (yet ;) ). I didn't know that it was possible to do inspections when the towers are energized.
Very nice, interesting and detailed report too!

Best regards
Peter
Mitglied
Peter E meinte
Hi Joao,

Thank you for your answer and information. I have an okto and hexa xl from mikrokopter but I don't have the intention to do high voltage tower inspections (yet ;) ). I didn't know that it was possible to do inspections when the towers are energized.
Very nice, interesting and detailed report too!

Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

If you decide to inspection energized tower and need support I am available to help.

Best regards
Joao Marcelo
Mitglied
Hi Joao,

Thanks a lot for your kindness :)

Best regards
Peter

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Newbie » Waypoint Flight - Stop, adjust position of MK and then continue waypoint flight