MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » ACC Calibration with MC32

ACC Calibration with MC32

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hi,
I believe that it is possible to do very precise ACC calibration while hovering with the Kopter using arrows on the radio menus on a Jeti TX

Is it possible to do the same with a MC32 or with the MC32 + Smartbox ?

Thanks
Mitglied
papymouzot meinte
I believe that it is possible to do very precise ACC calibration while hovering with the Kopter using arrows on the radio menus on a Jeti TX

Is it possible to do the same with a MC32 or with the MC32 + Smartbox ?

I have never tried but it should also be possible on your Graupner RC controller and also on the simulated Jeti display in the MK-Tool.

ACC calibration during flight
Mitglied
Foersom,

You are my star of the day !!!!!

Thanks a million !!!

I will give it a try very shortly and let you know how it went, it seems that this is exactly what I was looking for.
Mitglied
I tried today without success, I found the menu on the radio, started with no gps and with altitude control, managed to select "calibrate" => I had a star next to it, but using buttons which are at the left or right of the bottom screen made no change...

I'll try again tomorrow... maybe... :(
Mitglied
Do it as shown:
http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/Firmware-2.10#ACC_calibration_during_flight

Note: The sticks of the transmitter must be trimmed to zero (Check in the menu)

It works perfekt!!
Mitglied
Thanks, this is the same link Foersom kindly gave me before, I could not 100% understand how to do the tuning, I was holding the small multi with one hand, and I could not feel any change at all when pushing the buttons :( How can I check that t things are being changed, maybe a display ? I have not tried mk tools to tune acc yet, always did it manually, but this takes time.
Mitglied
I tried again today, I found after a bit of guessing the "hidden" screen 6 in MK Tools, but I could not find how to activate the ACC calibration, regardless what I tried, I could not change it from off to on in MK Tools. A bit of explanation about the good process would be welcome !

While staying in the "hidden" screen 6 in Mk tools, i went into the ACC calibration screen on my MC32, On the Tx I was able to select calibration "On", and surprisingly enough, the MK Tools showed "Calibration: On". Touching the up/dn/left/right buttons on the MC32 led to nothing. Using the arrows in MK Tooks, gave me the impression that "something worked a bit" but it is somehow mad, how can someone fly a kopter and at the same time check the screen on the PC, click on buttons and once each click done try to find where the copter went :) This method is somehow dangerous so I believe that it can't be the correct one.

I read the page from the wiki a few times, but i found no real precise instructions on this procedure... Can somebody help ?

Thanks in advance..
Mitglied
papymouzot meinte
I tried again today, I found after a bit of guessing the "hidden" screen 6 in MK Tools, but I could not find how to activate the ACC calibration, regardless what I tried, I could not change it from off to on in MK Tools. A bit of explanation about the good process would be welcome !

While staying in the "hidden" screen 6 in Mk tools, i went into the ACC calibration screen on my MC32, On the Tx I was able to select calibration "On", and surprisingly enough, the MK Tools showed "Calibration: On". Touching the up/dn/left/right buttons on the MC32 led to nothing. Using the arrows in MK Tooks, gave me the impression that "something worked a bit" but it is somehow mad, how can someone fly a kopter and at the same time check the screen on the PC, click on buttons and once each click done try to find where the copter went :) This method is somehow dangerous so I believe that it can't be the correct one.

I read the page from the wiki a few times, but i found no real precise instructions on this procedure... Can somebody help ?

Thanks in advance..

Hi

It is not necessary to use the MK Tolls. The information you need during ACC calibration is in the MC32 or MX20 display. It is important that you have no wind during calibration. Watch the video in time 1:30 which is this link https://vimeo.com/33367802

:)
« Bearbeitet von Joao Marcelo am 19.06.2016 22:22. »
Mitglied
Hi papymouzot,

the fine tuning of the ACC is a very useful tool for establishing stable flight. Unfortunately, the descriptions to be found in the wiki are very very poor. As joao_marcelo explained already, you need only your copter and your remote, no computer and no MK tool software.

Here a short explanation how to do it. I refer to the Graupner MC-20 remote with German menue.

ACC calibration during flight using a Graupner MC-20 remote control
remark: the arrow keys are the symbols around the [SET] button

> press [ESC] 1 second > 1 x [arrow down] > "Einstellen, Anzeigen" > SET
> navigate through the menues using the [arrow left] and [arrow right] keys
until "ACC calibration"
> 1 x [arrow down] > calibrate > [SET]

fly outdoors with no wind (better than indoors due to turbulences you will create)
using GPS OFF and vario height control ON
hover appr. 3 m above ground
adjust as stable as possible hovering using the arrow keys
nick -> [arrow up] and [arrow down]
roll -> [arrow left] and [arrow right]
(remark: nick and roll are referring to the arrow on the FC. Take this into account if you have mounted the FC with an angle offset)
repeat it several times with different orientations until you are satisfied
land and switch off motors

> [SET] > [arrow down] > save > [SET]
> 2 x [ESC]

ready

Regards, Armin
« Bearbeitet von ArminW am 20.06.2016 10:26. »
Mitglied
Merci messieurs, thank you, Danke sehr... :)

i have tried it this evening, just 30 minutes ago, no wind at all.

i was able to witness the changes on the radio and changes in the behavior of the kopter, I spent about 15 minutes playing with this and saved the changes although I didn't get a miracle with this. It is probably due to the fact that the copter is very small ?? 30 cm from motor to motor, 860g.

I will give it a try on another machine, much bigger soon.
Mitglied
Dear All, especially to those who contributed and helped me understand how to make it work with my radio. (MC32) A big thank you ! it is indeed quite easy once you understand how to get into the menu (it isn't logical how to get there) and how to set the parameters, but it works.

On the MC32, you have to do the following, with the GPS turned OFF.

Press ESC 2 secs to get the telemetry menu and select SETTINGS & DATA VIEW, press the right arrow key 6 times to get to the microkopter.de telemetry menu.

Press now 8 times the left arrow key to get to the ACC Calibration menu (logical, no ?)

Make sure that the sticks are set to 0/0 by using the trims

With the up/down arrow keys move the > cursor in front of calibrate and press SET

From now on, any press on the arrow up/down/left/right arrow keys will change the ACC values, they are changed on the copter but not saved until you do so.

When you are happy with the calibration, press SET, go to Save with the arrow keys and press SET again. The System responds with (SET)

DONE !
Mitglied
Very well.

it is not logical.

papymouzot meinte
Dear All, especially to those who contributed and helped me understand how to make it work with my radio. (MC32) A big thank you ! it is indeed quite easy once you understand how to get into the menu (it isn't logical how to get there) and how to set the parameters, but it works.

On the MC32, you have to do the following, with the GPS turned OFF.

Press ESC 2 secs to get the telemetry menu and select SETTINGS & DATA VIEW, press the right arrow key 6 times to get to the microkopter.de telemetry menu.

Press now 8 times the left arrow key to get to the ACC Calibration menu (logical, no ?)

Make sure that the sticks are set to 0/0 by using the trims

With the up/down arrow keys move the > cursor in front of calibrate and press SET

From now on, any press on the arrow up/down/left/right arrow keys will change the ACC values, they are changed on the copter but not saved until you do so.

When you are happy with the calibration, press SET, go to Save with the arrow keys and press SET again. The System responds with (SET)

DONE !
Mitglied
Maybe it may not sound logical to access the right menu, but it works very well !

You can also do it with the MK-Tool software if you don't like this approach.

I forgot, at the end, when all is saved, the system responds with "Okey"
Mitglied
Hi all,

I'm wondering if this is a must do?
Is the difference big between a ground or a flying calibration?

Best regards
Peter
Mitglied
No, you do not have to do it, but you can.
If the landing legs or landing gear are not leveld, you can not get it perfectly with the ground calibration
Mitglied
Thx!

Now it's clear for me :)

Regards
Peter
Mitglied
Hi Peter,

I found that it was important to have this setting done the best way possible. It is possible to do it while the copter is on a level ground, but best results can be achieved during flight in a very quiet environment, no wind at all and I would like to thank again the people who took the time to help me understand how to do it with my radio. The result is indeed a much nicer, safer machine to fly.
Mitglied
Hi papymouzot,

Thx a lot for your reply!
I'll try this calibration soon when the weather is perfect to do this and if I have time at that moment ;)

I think that it looks more difficult to do than it really is and yes, thanks a lot to all the nice people on this forum to help each other!

Best regards
Peter

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » ACC Calibration with MC32