MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Compas Calibration

Compas Calibration

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Is there only one method to do compas calibration or there could be other methods than the one with the buzzer ?

I realize that I have issues with models which are quite low to the ground and no real issues with large machines which are quite high and which were calibrated with the assistance of one of my sons, at 1,5m above ground. I know that there is a fair amount of metal in the concrete of the space where I take off, land and set up my toys.

I am going to try again tomorrow to do compas calibration while making sure that my copter is at least at one meter above ground, the orientation really full South / East when required and my cellphone stored away.

I have two machines to run this test now on. :)
Mitglied
You should avoid all situations which affect the undisturbed Earth magnetic field. Examples: steel inforced concrete, power lines, steel water pipes, metallic parts like keys or belt buckles, smartphone, ...

My suggestion is to go to an outdoor location. Check the Earth magetic field by the use of a compass (I mean an old fashioned compass wihich magnetic needle, no smartphone app). Go around, look at the compass and locate the exact north direction. There should be no spatial variations while moving around. Store away the compass before starting the calibration procedure. Be sure that the person who is handling the copter has no metallic parts.

Armin
Mitglied
Thank you Armin, I will follow your advice.

Charles

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Compas Calibration