MikroKopter - Forum » Software » What makes a copter turn alone on it's yaw axis ?

What makes a copter turn alone on it's yaw axis ?

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
and what to do to avoid it ?

Entwickler, Admin
- Missing angle adapters
- wrong compass signal
Mitglied
Good morning, thank you for your reply

a) angle adapters

I saw the angle adapters for sale on some web sites, Little plates with 2° or 3° we put in between the arms and the motors. I never saw them by default on MK copters builds. I have never used them. I saw on other "Chinese" products that the motors had an angle by default. I never knew why some had the angles by default, and some had not. When should I use angle plates and when should I "not" use angle plates ?

b) wrong compass signal

Compasses are giving me a bit of a hard time recently, for the very first time. :(

What should I check ?
« Bearbeitet von papymouzot am 23.08.2016 09:43. »
Mitglied
Ah, I think there was another reason for this, it was really stupid from my part, it was called K4 !!!! My trim for the "Yaw" was not set to 0. I am going to check now....

I am still very curious with regards to when using angles plates and what I should check for the compas signal :)
Mitglied
papymouzot meinte
Ah, I think there was another reason for this, it was really stupid from my part, it was called K4 !!!! My trim for the "Yaw" was not set to 0. I am going to check now....

Good that you found the problem. Always be careful with trims. It is one of the last things I check before every take-off, because it is so easy to accidentally change them when you are preparing the micro-copter for flight.

I know that K7 is French slang for Ka-sette (like an audio or video tape). What is K4? Ka-quatre?

papymouzot meinte
I am still very curious with regards to when using angles plates and what I should check for the compas signal :)

On an alu-frame octo-copter I use the 3 degree angle-adapters, because it was recommended by MikroKopter to help making yaw easier. However on a carbon-frame octo-copter I have all motors straight up and it still turns fine, slightly slower than the alu-frame, but that is actually better.

Compass and magnet problems are important to understand and resolve.

I have always wanted HolgerB to demonstrate best way to detect and handle situations where there is iron in the ground, e.g. because of underground parking so ground is concrete with iron-bar reinforcement. Unfortunately HolgerB lives in the magnetic garden of eden, and there is not one scrap of metal in the ground. Somebody from the MikroKopter team should bury 20 steel bars randomly under half the back-yard used for test flights! :)
Mitglied
Today was a strange day, the Solar data web indicated Storm and this is the first time i check it as I had strange behavior with my copters. (http://www.n3kl.org/sun/noaa.html)

I really would like to understand the Compass and magnet but also this geomagnetic "storms" in order to be able to handle situations like mine better.

This morning, no wind at all, I rushed to check the stability of the Quadro with no GPS, and I was quite pleased with it. When I tried to activate the GPS, the damn thing went everywhere, slowly, without any visible pattern, I had in between 12 and 14 sats but reception isn't ideal at my place I must say. My house blocks anything from the North, and there are quite a few trees around me... Being agoraphobic it isn't always easy to go out to a field to fly...

I decided to check my best copter, a GD X8-1000. The last time I used it, it was flying like if I wasn't touching the radio, it was simply magic... smooth, perfect hovering, good reaction with light wind, I loved this copter... I quickly woke up a battery pack and tried a simple hover, with no GPS first, then with GPS. It was definitely better than the Quadro, but not perfect at all, it wasn't even good I would say. I tried maybe 5 or 6 title flights, during only one I had a very good behavior. Very, very good.

Then the wind started to blow and I packed the X8. I changed the GPS on my Cinestar 6, I had a V2.1 with a "populu" compass, and I have installed a new GPS V3 with the MK compass. (I changed the NC 2.0 as well because of the compass wires soldering.) This Hexa was surprising, the best flight of the day, near perfect hover, very smooth reactions, all great. (BLV2, MK3638, Xoar 13", FC 2.5 and of course NC 2.0 + GPS V3. 4S)

I tried again the Quadro... Decent hover, not too bad, the best I had so far, but not good like the Cinestar, no, no...

But, start of the day, not good, end of the day, not bad at all... only thing which changes is satellites position in the sky !

One bad thing on the Quadro I could notice, during hover it shakes a bit, like vibrations, very visible, they come and go. What causes this ? Gyros or GPS PIDs ?
Mitglied
papymouzot meinte
I really would like to understand the Compass and magnet but also this geomagnetic "storms" in order to be able to handle situations like mine better.

Geomagnetic Storm

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Software » What makes a copter turn alone on it's yaw axis ?