MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » T-Motors 4004 CF 14" and BLV3 - Timing

T-Motors 4004 CF 14" and BLV3 - Timing

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
I have some oscillations with a quadro MK frame with 4004 motors and BLV3 and I was wondering if some specific timings could be required for these motors ?

I will do further checks tomorrow to try to see if the oscillations are on one or two axises they definitely are visible during hovering.

:)
Mitglied
http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/MotorCurves?highlight=%28U7%29
Not tested!
Send Motor and Prop to H&I, ask to test it out! ( i thing terrible english) :|
Mitglied
:)

I checked this file about the motor curves before asking my question ;) If each person who would like to have his motor tested would send it to H&I, they could be buried with very monotonous job...

I asked on the forum just in case somebody else already had this set up and experienced some lambada...
Mitglied
papymouzot meinte
I checked this file about the motor curves before asking my question ;) If each person who would like to have his motor tested would send it to H&I, they could be buried with very monotonous job...

MikroKopter has a setup for testing motors so it is not so difficult to test another motor if you send it to them. They have also tested a motor for me, the KDE 3520XF/400. If you send in the T-motor 4004 you will also help other users that might consider the motor in the future.

In general, it is really great that MikroKopter performs these motor tests, it is one example where MikroKopter provides better service than other companies. Thanks goes to MikroKopter!
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 25.08.2016 09:27. »
Mitglied
Good morning,

just in case it could help, here is a short video, please only look from 2" until the end, at 3" so only one minute is interesting. There is quite a bit of wind, so the copter is battling a bit to stay in place.

Listen to the motors, they make a very strange metallic noise and the copter is really shaking/oscillating on X/Y axises.

https://vimeo.com/180172803

I am very unhappy about this config but I dont know what to do to get rid of the strange noise and the Zittern/Tremor....

Thanks
Mitglied
Hello Charles

check your bearing !
And please,add exactly wich propeller You used !

Kind Regards Andi
« Bearbeitet von blosmi am 26.08.2016 11:31. »
Mitglied
Hello Andi, thank you for your contribution,

I am using four brand new T-Motor 4004, they have less than 40 minutes flight time :) I use them with T-Motor CF 14"x4 propellers with 6S LiPo.

It really seems that the noise comes from the four motors. 8 bearings gone on 4 new motors ? :)

There is no noise when they turn slowly, and the noise difference when there is wind/no wind is very important. They are very very noisy when flying in the wind, it is much less when flying with no wind (but still noticeable) this is why the mention about a possible timing issue.

I never had such noises from motors before, but I have also used only motors known to work with MK BL's (MK 3638, U5, U7...)
Mitglied
Hi ,

it´s no matter,how old they are !
On 2 from 6 new MK3638 i have 2 change bearings .
Also it is enough,wen just one bearing doesn,t work well,-in windy condition
the prop will exercise lever,and your Quad will start shaking and make exactly that noise.

Just for example-the 4006 are also can have this bearing problem after short time using it !
So just for the possibility,check them !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IJTH8ZHkQY&feature=em-uploademail

Edit:
It 's just an idea to solve the problem , in any case, it would be good as already mentioned above , this setup to send to H & I ... with a quad you should not kidding :roll: :shock: :mrgreen:
« Bearbeitet von blosmi am 26.08.2016 13:45. »
Mitglied
OK, to be on the safe side, and to follow your advice, I went to check my engines, they have no play at all. They turn freely with no hard spots. I can say that I am nearly certain that they are OK, except when in use, they make noises :) :) :)

On the video you enclosed, the bearings are not damaged, they are destroyed ;)

When moving slowly, the noises are limited, when changing direction or altitude fast, they are very noisy :(:(:(
Mitglied
You cant check them by hand turning them around,just in windy condition under pressure!
I think you own a nice copter garage,just unmount the motors,put props beside and send them 2
H&I,that will help your neighbors and you :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the result.

Best wishes for solving your noise problem-my Abo is in. ;)
« Bearbeitet von blosmi am 27.08.2016 11:44. »
Mitglied
For the moment, I want to avoid sending a motor + props to Germany for an unknown amount of time, not even knowing if H&I have the time or the will to work on this.

I have read some threads with regards to similar motors on rcgroups, and some people had similar issues, and it was the timing, not the bearings. I think that I have also played enough time in my life with RC engines with small bearings to be able to recognize in between damaged or not damaged bearings.. it could have been the case, yes, but it isn't. My Problem isn't a noise problem, but when the motors make this noise, the copter shakes/oscillates, I am just concerned that it may fall because of a stalled motor. I am on 6S, with 400kv, 24 pole motors. At full speed, the props may rotate at 10000rpm with no load, less under load, but I am wondering if the BLV3 can handle the number of permutations required by a 24pole motor at this rpm !! Maybe not !

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » T-Motors 4004 CF 14" and BLV3 - Timing