MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Motor angle adapters

Motor angle adapters

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
On the alu-frame kits MikroKopter recommends to install angle adapters under the motors, to tilt the motor a bit and making yaw faster. I have been using 3 degree angle adapters on my alu-frame octo-copter that came with the kit.

The octo-copter is indeed very agile for turning, I would say even too fast. To me it should rather be a bit slower turning that would make it easier to pan slowly for filming.

The MK Oktos are square (diamond) shaped. I have on my alu-frame octo-copter upgraded the short riggers to 460 mm long riggers, so it is circular (radial) layout. This allows to use 33 cm propellers rather than the original 30 cm propellers. That has worked very well for years.

I could like to slow down the yaw on the alu-frame a bit, while still keeping it agile.

When the octo-copter is yawing right, the clock-wise propellers 1, 3, 5 and 7 turns a bit faster than the counter-clock-wise propellers 2, 4, 6 and 8. Correct?

If 4 of the 8 angle adapters, 2 from clock-wise propellers (motor 1 and 5) and 2 from counter-clock-wise propellers (motor 2 and 6) were removed, would it make the yaw slower? Would it still be perfect flight without stability problem?

I would love to see your reply if you have tried this.

On carbon-frame octo-copters The normal build is to have motors straight up, i.e. no tilt. I do the same on my carbon-frame octo-copter. In hover, the yaw is a bit slower but still fast enough. Yawing during forward flight there is no visible difference.

Is it better to remove all angle adapters also from alu-frame octo-copters? According to João Marcelo other message the angle adapters helps to keep direction (yaw stability).
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 27.08.2016 15:13. »
Mitglied
Hi Foersom,

I don´t have Okto with radial layout to test. How do you use Okto with radial (layout), I suggest the 2° angle adapter in 8 motors to gain stability in yaw without increasing the speed of rotation.

I control the yaw during filming using second remote control, gamepad with serial commands limiting -25 to +25 (in PC software). So it is easier to control the yaw slowly. In Graupner MC-20 values are from -126 to +126. If you need fast yaw, the pilot uses the Graupner to turn Copter.

Best Regards,

João Marcelo
« Bearbeitet von Joao Marcelo am 28.08.2016 01:03. »
Mitglied
Joao Marcelo meinte
I don´t have Okto with radial layout to test. How do you use Okto with radial (layout), I suggest the 2° angle adapter in 8 motors to gain stability in yaw without increasing the speed of rotation.

With "gain stability in yaw", as I understand you, you mean keep proper direction when e.g. flying forward. Correct?

2 degree angle adapters are a possibility, alternatively not use any like is done on carbon frame copters.

Another reason to remove the specific 4 angle adapters or all of them, would also gain a larger gap between propeller tips. The 4 motors that I mentioned are tilted towards each other, so on the alu-frame these 2 gaps are only 11 mm. The narrow gap has never been a problem, but removing the angle adapters the gap would be increased to 18 mm.

Joao Marcelo meinte
I control the yaw during filming using second remote control, gamepad with serial commands limiting -25 to +25 (in PC software). So it is easier to control the yaw slowly. In Graupner MC-20 values are from -126 to +126. If you need fast yaw, the pilot uses the Graupner to turn Copter.

Do you mean that you horizontal turn the gimbal (3D gimbal) with gamepad? Or can you with gamepad (as well MC-20 RC transmitter) control yaw of micro-copter using serial commands (RC and serial for same channel)?
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
Joao Marcelo meinte

With "gain stability in yaw", as I understand you, you mean keep proper direction when e.g. flying forward. Correct?

2 degree angle adapters are a possibility, alternatively not use any like is done on carbon frame copters.

Another reason to remove the specific 4 angle adapters or all of them, would also gain a larger gap between propeller tips. The 4 motors that I mentioned are tilted towards each other, so on the alu-frame these 2 gaps are only 11 mm. The narrow gap has never been a problem, but removing the angle adapters the gap would be increased to 18 mm.

Joao Marcelo meinte

Do you mean that you horizontal turn the gimbal (3D gimbal) with gamepad? Or can you with gamepad (as well MC-20 RC transmitter) control yaw of micro-copter using serial commands (RC and serial for same channel)?

Hi Foerson, I do not use 3D gimbal. I use gamepad (using serial commands) as well MC-20 RC transmitter to control yaw of micro-copter simultaneously. Information on how to make this link: http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/SerialCommands/ExternalControl?highlight=%28control%29 . You can control 100% Copter via serial commands and Graupner simultaneously, but at the moment I only control the direction Yaw.

Foersom meinte

"gain stability in yaw" is the smooth turning without trembling and constant speed.

Best Regards
« Bearbeitet von Joao Marcelo am 28.08.2016 21:17. »
Mitglied
Joao Marcelo meinte
Hi Foerson, I do not use 3D gimbal. I use gamepad (using serial commands) as well MC-20 RC transmitter to control yaw of micro-copter simultaneously. Information on how to make this link: http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/SerialCommands/ExternalControl?highlight=%28control%29 . You can control 100% Copter via serial commands and Graupner simultaneously, but at the moment I only control the direction Yaw.

I use 5 serial channels with a custom made app, that the photographer working next to me uses from a notebook PC to control gimbal and camera. I have earlier looked on the external control wiki page, but thanks for talking about this and giving your use example. The Lego-bricks in my head have fallen into place and I now realise how I can use this AND still keep full control from the RC transmitter. I need to try this soon. Thanks for info!

Joao Marcelo meinte
"gain stability in yaw" is the smooth turning without trembling and constant speed.

That has not really been a problem, but never the less I think I will follow your advice and change to 2 degree angle adapters when I get time to deal with that.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 28.08.2016 22:30. »

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Motor angle adapters