MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » Graupner MC32 battery drain and new battery questions

Graupner MC32 battery drain and new battery questions

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hi all,

I've a question about the battery for the MC32.

How fast does it drain? Starting with a full battery, it's almost half capacity after 1h? Is this normal?
This battery is the original one and is about 2 years old.
I've buyed a new battery at the Mikrokopter shop but this is a lipo and the original is a lilo..?
The new battery has 2 connection wires, the original only 1. Can I charge the new (lipo) with the original Graupner charger?

I just want to be sure that I don't do anything wrong if I replace the battery... ;)

Thanks already!

Best regards
Peter
Mitglied
Peter E meinte
I've a question about the battery for the MC32.

How fast does it drain? Starting with a full battery, it's almost half capacity after 1h? Is this normal?
This battery is the original one and is about 2 years old.
I've buyed a new battery at the Mikrokopter shop but this is a lipo and the original is a lilo..?
The new battery has 2 connection wires, the original only 1. Can I charge the new (lipo) with the original Graupner charger?

If you provide links to these batteries you have bought, perhaps you will have a better chance that someone can answer you.
Mitglied
@Peter E
I'm assuming that you've purchased a Graupner LiPo IS2P 6000.
I use the Graupner usb 1s LiPo charger Art.Nr. S2016 for Graupner LiPo IS2P 6000.
Here, the battery is perfectly charged.

Remember though that the usb charger is only suitable for Lipo 1S 3.7V.

I can also use the original charger for Lipo IS2P 6000 or the Lilo IS6P 6000

greetings
Thomas
« Bearbeitet von ThomasS am 06.09.2016 11:01. »
Mitglied
Zitat
If you provide links to these batteries you have bought, perhaps you will have a better chance that someone can answer you.

This is the one i've buyed: https://www.mikrocontroller.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=696&zenid=9me6db5igmr19tr7q91egknop5

But, inside the box is a lipo and not a lilo.
Mitglied
Zitat
I can also use the original charger for Lipo IS2P 6000 or the Lilo IS6P 6000

So, I can charge this lipo safe inside my transmitter?
I also found that in the transmitter settings you can change the battery type (from lilo to lipo), maybe this changes the charging proces..?

Thanks already Thomas and Foersom!
Mitglied
Peter E meinte

Which of the following is your new battery?

https://www.graupner.de/Ladetechnik-Akkus/Akkus/Senderakkus/
Mitglied
Hi Foersom,

I've ordered the one provided in my link and got this one:
https://www.graupner.de/Senderakku-LiPo-1SxP/6000-3-7V-TX-flach/33000.1/

Thanks a lot!
Regards
Peter
Mitglied
Searching on your link I found that the original provided charger that comes with the transmitter is ok to charge this lipo :)
https://www.graupner.de/AC-Adapter-TX-4-2-V500-mA/33032.4/

Now only find out what the purpose of the second wire/connector is... ;)
« Bearbeitet von Peter E am 06.09.2016 20:58. »
Mitglied
@ Peter E
I can choose on my MC-32 remote control only between " Lith " or " Ni - MH " .
In a Lipo or Lilo battery must there " Lith " stand by me .
Please check again the settings with you.
Mitglied
Peter E meinte

It looks like it is just two power cables and they parallel connected (they are the same). Who would need that I do not know.

To be sure you could check with a multimeter that voltage is same on both cables.
Entwickler, Admin
Charging via the transmitter with the AC adapter can take a while. I think the 2nd connector is perhaps for the use of an external lipo loader for faster charging.
Mitglied
IngoB meinte
Charging via the transmitter with the AC adapter can take a while. I think the 2nd connector is perhaps for the use of an external lipo loader for faster charging.

Yes my experience from Graupner MX-20 RC transmitter is that charging is slow with standard wall power charger. Likely because they have an over-simplified charge process, something like: Charge with constant current until max voltage reached.

About this mysterious Lilo <> LiPo, I only found this info. So the battery selection in MC-20 maybe for setting max voltage in charging?

Ingo, please seize the opportunity to have your technical contact from Graupner provide the technical details, including what the double cable is intended for.

For general info, the MX-20 has in the menu "Basic Settings", "Battery type", the option to select NiMH (4 cells, nominal 4.8 V) or Lith which here means LiPo (1 cell, nominal 3.7 V). Note that also the option "Battery Warning" voltage low level changes when changing battery type.
Mitglied
Zitat
I can choose on my MC-32 remote control only between " Lith " or " Ni - MH " .
In a Lipo or Lilo battery must there " Lith " stand by me .
Please check again the settings with you.

Hi Thomas,

Thx for your reaction, I've did a misreading :oops:
I can choose between Li-Io and Ni-Mh.
Mitglied
Zitat
Foersom meinte
Peter E meinte

It looks like it is just two power cables and they parallel connected (they are the same). Who would need that I do not know.

To be sure you could check with a multimeter that voltage is same on both cables.

Hi Foersom,

I've measured and both connectors have the same voltage, so they are in parallel. (I also checked from minus from 1 connector to the other + of the other connector and visa versa ;) ).
Mitglied
IngoB meinte

Hi Ingo,

Thx for your reaction!

I don't know if I can/may connect the 2nd connector to my external lipo charger while the other connector is still connected inside the transmitter... :roll:
The only advantage is that I don't have to pull out the connector in the transmitter (but I prefer to pull it out if using an external charger..).

Maybe it's for using another battery in parallel for other purposes than in a transmitter?
Mitglied
Zitat
About this mysterious Lilo <> LiPo, I only found this info. So the battery selection in MC-20 maybe for setting max voltage in charging?

Ingo, please seize the opportunity to have your technical contact from Graupner provide the technical details, including what the double cable is intended for.

For general info, the MX-20 has in the menu "Basic Settings", "Battery type", the option to select NiMH (4 cells, nominal 4.8 V) or Lith which here means LiPo (1 cell, nominal 3.7 V). Note that also the option "Battery Warning" voltage low level changes when changing battery type.

Hi Foersom,

I've did a misreading, I can choose between Li-Io and NI-Mh.
So, it has to be on Li-Io...

Maybe it should be interesting to get some info on this from Graupner like you already mentioned to Ingo :)
Mitglied
Thomas and Ingo and maybe others...

How long can you use your MC-32 with a fully charged battery?

I've a reading of 3,7V after 45min, battery was fully charged when I turned it on.
According to the bars on the transmitter, I'm almost half way...

Thanks and best regards
Peter
Mitglied
@Peter E
I use only recently the new usb-1S LiPo loader TX Graupner.
The battery has never been fully charged as the original wall charger.
Currently the voltage is 4V, with an operating time of 1h 20min. So still nearly full.
To save power, the backlight turns off after 30s.

Have you also noticed that an almost empty battery, the charging time may be 12-15h with an original wall charger?
Mitglied
ThomasS meinte
@Peter E
I use only recently the new usb-1S LiPo loader TX Graupner.
The battery has never been fully charged as the original wall charger.
Currently the voltage is 4V, with an operating time of 1h 20min. So still nearly full.
To save power, the backlight turns off after 30s.

Have you also noticed that an almost empty battery, the charging time may be 12-15h with an original wall charger?

Hi Thomas,

Thx for your answer!
Until now, I've only charged with the original wall charger and yes, it takes like 14h to charge the battery.
I never seen it charging higher then 4V and after 45min operating time I've 3,7V.
I'm going to check my backlight too ;)

I'm going to charge it with my Junsi icharger and see what happens then...

Thx for the tip!
Mitglied
Hi all,

Just to inform you that it's ok now.
My transmitter was set to backlite unlimited, this was the reason for draining the battery so fast. (thx ThomasS!)

Regarding the new lipo battery, I'm using it know with only 1 connector connected, I left the other one unused inside the transmitter.
I also charged my batteries now with my external charger (lipo / liIo), it's of course a lot faster (2h) :)

THX again, this topic can be closed.

Best regards
Peter
Mitglied
@ Peter E
how high is your charge current?
He was supposed to be no higher than 1,5 amps at the transmitter battery.
Mitglied
Hi Thomas,

Thx for your reaction.
Yes, I've charged with 1,5A.
The new lipo took 2h20min if I remember it correct... ;)

Regards
Peter
Mitglied
@ Peter E
ok, then the LiPo was about half full
Nice to hear that your problem has been solved.

regards
Thomas
Mitglied
Thx Thomas! :)

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » Graupner MC32 battery drain and new battery questions