MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Follow me precision

Follow me precision

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hi guys,

I hope this the right place for my questions. I'm planning to get into drones for a project dedicated to help disabled people trough drones. The project is at the very beginning, and my first concerns is about the "follow me" features in general. Could someone tell how close a drone can stick to a target with this? Is it possible for a drone equipped with the proper features to stay close and to follow a moving target with a precision of 0,5m?
Mitglied
chenipe meinte
I hope this the right place for my questions. I'm planning to get into drones for a project dedicated to help disabled people trough drones. The project is at the very beginning, and my first concerns is about the "follow me" features in general. Could someone tell how close a drone can stick to a target with this? Is it possible for a drone equipped with the proper features to stay close and to follow a moving target with a precision of 0,5m?

If you use a MK GNSS (GPS and Glonass) you get a precision better than 3.5 m (in Europe). If you are in between tall buildings it can be more difficult to get a good satellite reception or the buildings reflect the signal so the precision measurement becomes imprecise. You are probably also aware than geo-magnetic storm influence the precision.

By 2019 there Galileo navigation satellites will be fully running and there will be 1 m precision (free) and 1 cm precision (paid service) in Europe. MK has in the past produced new GNSS receivers when UBlox chips were available, and I expect them to do the same in time for Galileo launch.

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Follow me precision