MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » 3-tone error sound after calibration for start

3-tone error sound after calibration for start

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1 2 >

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Today (and some earlier days) I was setting up for flying. After calibrating gyros for start I correctly get 2 beeps (settings 2) from micro-copter but then comes a 3-tone (low to high frequency) error sound from the RC transmitter (Graupner MX-20), but there is no error message in the telemetry. In this situation it is not possible to start motors.

If I recalibrate again I get same 3-tone error sound. Sometimes I can calibrate gyros several more times and then suddenly there is no 3-tone error sound. Motors can start and flight is fine.

This problem has begun to appear since about one month. Some days I do not get this problem, some other days I get this often. It looks like it is appearing after I upgraded from software 2.14, to beta 2.15 and later release 2.16. Another observation is that it has been cold on the days I have encountered the problem, but there has also been cold days where there was no problem.

Is it related to "calibration values"? However I get 3-tones error sound but no error message in telemetry.

Could it be related to temperature compensation of pressure / height sensor? Even as I use FlightCtrl V2.2.

How can I see the error code / message? Nothing in MX-20 telemetry and there is nothing in the GPX log, because log not started as motors not started.

Where in wiki is 3-tone error sound described?

FASE G2 micro-copter is based on Okto XL, BL-Motor-Ctrl V2, LiPo 4S, FlightCtrl V2.2, NaviCtrl 2.0, Extern compass, software 2.16.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 20.12.2016 20:33. »
Mitglied
Dear Foersom;

you can set GPX Logging start method from SD card Setting.ini file from Log Start Section .

Maybe the reason is that

"Calibration values:
Better check of the calibartion values. Compares the values to the offset-Points strored via the last ACC-Calibration.
Differences >0,5% will give an error message.
This avoids wrong offset values if the MK is moving during calibration."
« Bearbeitet von mehmetyldz87 am 21.12.2016 12:00. »
Mitglied
mehmetyldz87 meinte
you can set GPX Logging start method from SD card Setting.ini file from Log Start Section .

I presume that you refer to LOG_AT_MOTOR_RUN, which is already 1, but does not help because motors are not running when problem appear.

mehmetyldz87 meinte
"Calibration values:
Better check of the calibartion values. Compares the values to the offset-Points strored via the last ACC-Calibration.
Differences >0,5% will give an error message.
This avoids wrong offset values if the MK is moving during calibration."

I presume you refer to HolgerB post here. That could indeed be the problem.

In the SW 2.16 wiki page that I linked to, the limit is reduced to 0.3%. However I do not find info how the error is reported. 3-tone sound only? What text error codes?

Perhaps MikroKopter can explain us the details.

I will probably change back to SW 2.14 if no other info appear.
Mitglied
I'm curious what's cousing the problem...
I hope that you'll find a solution soon!

Good luck and best regards
Peter
Mitglied
Peter E meinte
I'm curious what's cousing the problem...
I hope that you'll find a solution soon!

Yes, but we first need to find out what really cause this problem. Is it my octo-copter only, or is it a general problem in SW 2.16.

I could like to know if other people have encountered this problem, with earlier software or with SW 2.16.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 24.12.2016 13:35. »
Mitglied
Questions to everyone:

1. Are you using software 2.16?

2. Have you encountered the 3-tone error sound?
Mitglied
@Foersom
I have tested it just at my Quad several times.
In the Gyro calibration, three short tones (Setting 3) can be heard, followed by a short tone. The engines started without problems.

Config.
Transmitter MX-20
FC 2.5
NC 2.0
BL V2.0
SW: 2.16a

greetings
Thomas

P.S.
But I had last but twice the error code 15 "ERR: FC Z-ACC" after the calibration of the gyros. And with two different copters with different software versions. The error then disappeared again when connected to the Lipo.
« Bearbeitet von ThomasS am 06.01.2017 12:14. »
Mitglied
ThomasS meinte
I have tested it just at my Quad several times.
In the Gyro calibration, three short tones (Setting 3) can be heard, followed by a short tone. The engines started without problems.

Thanks for the info. I see that with your SW 2.16 you do not encounter the 3-tone (low to high frequency) error sound.

ThomasS meinte
P.S.
But I had last but twice the error code 15 "ERR: FC Z-ACC" after the calibration of the gyros. And with two different copters with different software versions. The error then disappeared again when connected to the Lipo.

Was any of them with SW 2.16?
Mitglied
@Foersom
The 2.14c at the octo and at the quadro the 2.16a.
The error message "ERR: FC Z-ACC" was I believe an operator error.
At the octo, the temperature difference was probably too great for the gyro calibration (from the heated car to the cold). In the Quadro, I started the Gyro calibration briefly one after the other.
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
If I recalibrate again I get same 3-tone error sound. Sometimes I can calibrate gyros several more times and then suddenly there is no 3-tone error sound. Motors can start and flight is fine.

Yesterday in Luxembourg the temperature was below 0 C and sky cloudy. We were working at a building construction site. Again we got the problem with 3-tone error and unable to start the motors. As I have earlier suspected this problem is really temperature related. Sometimes after a few minutes of sun light, there would be a rare case where motors could start. We moved the micro-copter into a heated container office and sure enough after heating up a few minutes no problem starting. Going outside and few minutes later all we got was 3-tone error and no motor start.

I repeated the tests yesterday evening at the office. When warm SW 2.16 start, when cold 3-tone error and no start.

I have downgraded to SW 2.14. I have left micro-copter outside for 10 mn. at -4 C and motors have no problem starting and there is no 3-tone error.

The error is in SW 2.16 when running on FlightCtrl V2.2 (likely V2.0-V2.2), perhaps also V2.5. The problem appear when temperature is low. 3-tone error and motors can not start.

It looks like the problem is the implementation of "Error compensation of the altitude sensor", a feature that was only intended for FlightCtrl V3.0.

1. The 3-tone error emitted by Graupner MX-20 where in the wiki is it described what it means?

Without going through all the details of the source code I think the problem is related to the handling of variable LuftdruckTemperaturOffset (unrelated, I am looking forward to the day when the identifiers in the source code are written in English and no longer a mix of Deutsch-English).

spi.c, line ~583:
LuftdruckTemperaturOffset = FromNaviCtrl.Param.sInt[7]; // Bytes 14 & 15

2. Is this value stored in NaviCtrl even though the air pressure sensor is on FlightCtrl?

In Kopter-Tool there is the "Temperature Settings" in a sub menu under a triangle button.

3. Is this setting handled correctly for FlightCtrl V2.x, which does not have a temperature sensor?

@HolgerB: I hope you can answer these questions and fix this problem.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 17.01.2017 19:41. »
Entwickler, Admin
@Foresom:
1. Do you have a headphone connected to the transmitter, to get the voice output?

2. Did you try to make a new ACC-Calibration?
Since the Version 2.16, the Gyro calibration data are compared to the stored Data from the ACC-Calibration sequence.
If they are not within some small range, the transmitter would Speak "Error Calibration".
Mitglied
HolgerB meinte
1. Do you have a headphone connected to the transmitter, to get the voice output?

No, I have never used the voice system.

What is the error message that will be displayed in the MikroKopter telemetry on MX-20? Is there any?

HolgerB meinte
Since the Version 2.16, the Gyro calibration data are compared to the stored Data from the ACC-Calibration sequence.
If they are not within some small range, the transmitter would Speak "Error Calibration".

I always make a new ACC-calibration when upgrading software. I use a spirit-level (DE: Wasserwaage). I believe it is near perfect because it flies very stable when the software allows me to start the motors ;).

When I do the gyro calibration (for start) the micro-copter might stand at an angle but it is standing perfectly still. The motors can start and work well as long as the electronics have not become cold. If the micro-copter is moved from warm room to outside (e.g. container office situation) it will work. If the micro-copter has been outside for 5-10 mn. it will not work.

Please could you answer my questions here.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 18.01.2017 14:55. »
Mitglied
HolgerB meinte

I have tested a second micro-copter (FASE G3) with FlightCtrl V2.5 and software 2.16. Other system parameters NaviCtrl V2.1 intern compass, octo-copter BL-Motor-Ctrl V3.0, Lipo 6S. Here there is no problem. It can start with warm (10-20 C) or cold temperature (-4 C).

Back to FASE G2 with FlightCtrl V2.2. With software 2.14 there is no problem, it can start whether it is warm or cold. I have retested with software 2.16, it works when warm (10-20 C), not when cold (-4 C).

I have connected speaker to Graupner MX-20 RC transmitter. Micro-copter is tested indoor 20 C, works Ok. Moved outdoor (-4 C), wait for GNSS fix ~1 mn., calibrate gyros and micro-copter is starting. Ok.

Power off. Let micro-copter stand outside in cold for ~10 mn. Power up, calibrate gyros, 3 tone error, Voice voice says: "Error calibration". Micro-copter is unable to start motors.

It looks like problem is with FlightCtrl V2.2 and software 2.16 when cold (~ 0 C).

About question 1. To answer my own question, the 3-tone-error indicates an "error calibration". There is no error message shown in the MikroKopter telemetry on MX-20.

HolgerB / MikroKopter: Please update FlightCtrl software to show error text message (on MX-20) when error calibration is spoken.

MikroKopter: With FlightCtrl 2.2 and software 2.16 can you gyro calibrate (calibrate for start) without error and make motors start when cold (~ 0 C)?
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 23.01.2017 13:15. »
Mitglied
HolgerB meinte

Yesterday evening it was less cold, -3 C. I put the micro-copter (FASE G2) with FlightCtrl V2.2. and software 2.16 outside. During all the outdoor tests it STANDS STILL at same position.

0 mn.: Calibrate (for start) ok and motors start ok.
After 5 mn.: Calibrate (for start) ok and motors start ok.
After 10 mn.: Calibrate (for start) ok and motors start ok.
After 15 mn.:
1. Calibrate (for start): speak "error calibration" and motors can not start. FAIL.
2. Repeat calibration, FAIL again.
3. Repeat calibration ok and motors start ok.
4. Repeat calibration, FAIL again.
5. Repeat calibration ok and motors start ok.
6. Repeat calibration ok and motors start ok.
After 20 mn.:
1. Calibrate (for start): speak "error calibration" and motors can not start. FAIL.
3. Repeat calibration, FAIL again.
4. Repeat calibration ok and motors start ok.

Move indoor, at ~15 C.
After 10 mn.:
3. Repeat calibration ok and motors start ok.
4. Repeat calibration ok and motors start ok.

These tests show that there is a gradual problem when micro-copter is in the cold that makes it more and more difficult to pass the calibration for start (and start motors) as the FlightCtrl becomes colder. If it becomes warmer it again becomes easier to pass calibration for start without error.

@HolgerB: There is a problem with cold temperature for FlightCtrl V2.2 running software 2.16. Please fix this problem.

4. In Kopter-Tool 2.16 there is the "Temperature Settings" to set the compensation for FlightCtrl V3.0. On my FlightCtrl V2.2 by default it was 500. I have changed it to 0, so as to set no compensation. Is that correct? Does the value have any meaning for FlightCtrl V2.x?
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 24.01.2017 14:27. »
Entwickler, Admin
Hello Richard,

I corrected the tolerance a little bit and put a FC2.16b here:
http://mikrocontroller.com/files/PublicBeta/

Please try that version

Regards,
Holger
Mitglied
HolgerB meinte

Please try that version

Thank you, I will try tonight when it is colder.

Foersom meinte
HolgerB / MikroKopter: Please update FlightCtrl software to show error text message (on MX-20) when error calibration is spoken.

Have you added error text for telemetry?

Foersom meinte
4. In Kopter-Tool 2.16 there is the "Temperature Settings" to set the compensation for FlightCtrl V3.0. On my FlightCtrl V2.2 by default it was 500. I have changed it to 0, so as to set no compensation. Is that correct? Does the value have any meaning for FlightCtrl V2.x?

For FlightCtrl V2.2 is this value important, or is it not used at all?
Entwickler, Admin
I only changed these constants:

#define MAX_DRIFT_NR 40 (was before:32)
#define MAX_DRIFT_YAW 10 (was before:8)

The "Temperature Setting" has no effect in the FC2.2
Mitglied
@HolgerB
I have tested the FlightCtrl V2.2 with SW 2.16b.

Tonight's weather in Luxembourg was -3 C. No errors encountered.

After 0 mn.: Calibrate for start ok and motors start ok.
After 10 mn.: Same, ok.
After 20 mn.: Same, ok.
After 30 mn.: Same, ok.

This looks good. I will retry tomorrow night again when temperature should be lower.

HolgerB meinte
I only changed these constants:

#define MAX_DRIFT_NR 40 (was before:32)
#define MAX_DRIFT_YAW 10 (was before:8)

Please update FlightCtrl SW so MikroKopter telemetry on MX-20 includes error text message for "Error calibration".

HolgerB meinte
The "Temperature Setting" has no effect in the FC2.2

Good to have that clarified.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 25.01.2017 01:50. »
Mitglied
@HolgerB
I have done a repeat test of the FlightCtrl V2.2 with SW 2.16b.

Tonight's weather in Luxembourg was -6 C. No errors encountered.

After 0 mn.: Calibrate for start ok and motors start ok.
After 10 mn.: Same, ok.
After 20 mn.: Same, ok.
After 30 mn.: Same, ok.

So with these tests indeed this SW 2.16b do allow to start in sub-zero temperature. Good!

@HolgerB: Remember to update FlightCtrl SW so MikroKopter telemetry on MX-20 includes error text message for "Error calibration", and please give an update when it is done.
Entwickler, Admin
Foersom meinte
@HolgerB: Remember to update FlightCtrl SW so MikroKopter telemetry on MX-20 includes error text message for "Error calibration", and please give an update when it is done.

This will be implemented in the next version
Mitglied
Today I had that same Problem after updating to SW V2.16b and with an outside temperature of -3°C.
I would like to have the option to deactivate "drift check".
Is that possible?
Mitglied
Hi everyone...i am a new user here. In my case I had last but twice the error code 15 "ERR: FC Z-ACC" after the calibration of the gyros. And with two different copters with different software versions. The error then disappeared again when connected to the Lipo.
Mitglied
Haydar meinte
Today I had that same Problem after updating to SW V2.16b and with an outside temperature of -3°C.

Which FlightCtrl hardware do you use? V2.2?

Haydar meinte
I would like to have the option to deactivate "drift check".
Is that possible?

That might be a good idea.

Currently the temperature compensation setup is placed as a separate setup in KopterTool. I would suggest that MikroKopter put this on/off setting and the setup for temperature compensation into a new page in the KopterTool settings. This way all settings are kept together rather than being "hidden" at different locations.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 09.02.2017 17:47. »
Mitglied
HattyDamp meinte
Hi everyone...i am a new user here.

Welcome.

HattyDamp meinte
In my case I had last but twice the error code 15 "ERR: FC Z-ACC" after the calibration of the gyros. And with two different copters with different software versions. The error then disappeared again when connected to the Lipo.

I think that is a different problem, not related to this altitude sensor problem and temperature compensation.

http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/ErrorCodes#A15_.22ERR:_FC_Z-ACC.22

Have you ACC calibrated after software update?

Which FlightCtrl hardware do you use? V2.2, V2.5 or V3.0?

Which FlightCtrl software? 2.16a or 2.16b?
Mitglied
HolgerB meinte

Where has the FlightCtrl firmware 2.16b gone?

It is no longer in the public beta 2.17, neither in the software 2.16 page.

Please add it to the software 2.16 page.

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1 2 >

MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » 3-tone error sound after calibration for start