MikroKopter - Forum » Electronics » EPI-OSD Installation

EPI-OSD Installation

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
I own a Cinestar 8 with Mikrokopter and couldn't be happier with it, so I saw an EPI OSD for sale and picked it up. I was wondering if anyone had English instructions or pictures of how to install it on my Cinestar?

I found one diagram, but have no detailed information on it, such as voltage requirements or how it is to be connected to the FC or Navi.

Thanks,

RB
Mitglied
sinjitsu meinte
I own a Cinestar 8 with Mikrokopter and couldn't be happier with it, so I saw an EPI OSD for sale and picked it up. I was wondering if anyone had English instructions or pictures of how to install it on my Cinestar?

I found one diagram, but have no detailed information on it, such as voltage requirements or how it is to be connected to the FC or Navi.

Hajimemashite, konnichiwa

Welcome to the MK-forum.

I have to agree there does not seem to be English instructions available about how to set up hardware. It is long time ago that I set up my EPI-OSD.

1. What FlightCtrl (V2.2, V2.5, V3.0) and NaviCtrl (V2.0, V2.1) versions do you use on the Cinestar 8?

2. Do you have a data radio e.g. WI232 connected to NaviCtrl debug port?

3. What battery do you use Lipo 4S? 6S?

4. Is your EPI-OSD board completely soldered with 2 dip-switches and 7805 voltage regulator or do you solder yourself?

On the EPI-OSD the port marked "To FC" is a serial port and would be connected the debug port on the NaviCtrl. You can use a straight cable between NaviCtrl and EPI-OSD because EPI-OSD has Tx and Rx pins reversed.

NaviCtrl 2.x Debug pin header 5x2:
(Opposite as EPI-OSD, so straight cable can be used)
p1 Rx
p2 5V
p7 GND
p9 Tx

EPI-OSD "To FC" pin header 5x2:
p1 Tx
p7 GND
p9 Rx

The EPI-OSD SPI port is not used.

You also need to power EPI-OSD, normally with a 12-16.8 V source with cable soldered to the pads +Lipo and GND. These goes through the 7805 voltage regulator to power the board.

You should connect a composite video transmitter to the X2 video out port. You can connect composite video camera to X1 video in port.

Hopefully this can get you started.

Software: C-OSD, MK-forum long thread

EPI-OSD in Deutsch.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 18.01.2017 03:57. »

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Electronics » EPI-OSD Installation