MikroKopter - Forum » Electronics » FC no connection, can´t flash firmware, please HELP!

FC no connection, can´t flash firmware, please HELP!

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hello, my FC 2.1 wont connect to Kopter Tools. I have checked all solderings and all that and in my eyes everything looks good. This is how Kopter Tools look when I connect my FC with LiPo connected http://imageshack.com/a/img921/8104/oGa7K2.jpg this is how the board looks and the MK usb http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4986/0WKreF.jpg . When I connect the FC with the Navi and GPS my Kopter Tools look like this http://imageshack.com/a/img922/9687/Qj0Gm4.jpg and my MK looks like this http://imageshack.com/a/img921/1329/TRCYuq.jpg . I can't flash other firmwares on the FC because in the terminal the update gets frozen at "Trying to reset hardware and start bootloader" then I get timeout. I have tried disconnected the lipo and reconnected it when Kopter Tools get´s stuck but no luck there. Do I have to buy a new FC I'm out of ideas and been searching for hours both here on the forum but also on google but I can't find a solution. Would be very thankful if somebody could help out. Thank you.
Mitglied
Hello
Try this
Mitglied
solutionxxl meinte
Hello
Try this

Thank you for you're answer but I have tried this before and this it what I get when I try it from the Navi http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img921/4881/x5MtrK.jpg and this is what I get when I try from the FC http://imageshack.com/a/img922/8493/Lr4RmT.jpg
Mitglied
IMPORTANT:
Use a Windows PC / Laptop.
Use a MK-USB (Link).
Do not close the jumper on the MK-USB!
To power up the PCB'S we use the LiPo or a power supply.
It is assumed that the MK-USB was allready in use on a Windows PC / Laptop and the required drivers and the correct COM port is set in the KopterTool.

The Update:
Download the latest Software Version here: Link.
Connect the MK-USB with the PC and directly with the PCB which is to be updated.
Start the KopterTool and open the terminal window.
Power up the PCB / Kopter (connect the LiPo).
Start the update as usual.
Now you see Connecting (try to reset hardware and start bootloader). If there is no "OK" after ~3-4 points ...
http://gallery.mikrokopter.de/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90325&g2_serialNumber=2
... remove the power supply and connect it again (LiPo disconnect / connect). Now you should see an OK after the points ...
http://gallery.mikrokopter.de/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90328&g2_serialNumber=2
... and the update should go on.
If it is not working at the first time - try it again.
If it is not possible to update the software again, please contact HiSystems to get a RMA Nr. that you can send the PCB back for a check.
Mitglied
solutionxxl meinte
IMPORTANT:
Use a Windows PC / Laptop.
Use a MK-USB (Link).
Do not close the jumper on the MK-USB!
To power up the PCB'S we use the LiPo or a power supply.
It is assumed that the MK-USB was allready in use on a Windows PC / Laptop and the required drivers and the correct COM port is set in the KopterTool.

The Update:
Download the latest Software Version here: Link.
Connect the MK-USB with the PC and directly with the PCB which is to be updated.
Start the KopterTool and open the terminal window.
Power up the PCB / Kopter (connect the LiPo).
Start the update as usual.
Now you see Connecting (try to reset hardware and start bootloader). If there is no "OK" after ~3-4 points ...
http://gallery.mikrokopter.de/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90325&g2_serialNumber=2
... remove the power supply and connect it again (LiPo disconnect / connect). Now you should see an OK after the points ...
http://gallery.mikrokopter.de/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90328&g2_serialNumber=2
... and the update should go on.
If it is not working at the first time - try it again.
If it is not possible to update the software again, please contact HiSystems to get a RMA Nr. that you can send the PCB back for a check.

Did exactly as the guide said but no luck unfortunately. Should I send the FC for a repair?
Mitglied
I would do it
Mitglied
emmepelle meinte
Hello, my FC 2.1 wont connect to Kopter Tools.

On photo 2 at the FlightCtrl you correctly connect the red wire at pin 1, but at the MKUSB the red wire is at pin 10 at the X2 connector. Turn around the cable at MKUSB and it should work.

Notice that on photo 4 you have correctly connected red wire at pin 1 on MKUSB.

It is good that you provided the links to the photos. Next time please consider to add URL markers then it is easier to access your links. To see how to do it, click the quote link on this message then you can see how to write URL links.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 29.01.2017 22:47. »
Mitglied
Here's a picture of the connection to the MK photo still I'm getting no connection in Kopter Tools and when I go into terminal and try to update Timeout everytime, firmware is always OK and I have tried disconnecting LiPo after a couple dots but still no progress. My MK-usb is now just flashing TX so no green light whatsoever when I have the connections that I showed in the link and my FlightController has one solid green light and solid red if that helps with something.
« Bearbeitet von emmepelle am 30.01.2017 19:43. »
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
emmepelle meinte
Hello, my FC 2.1 wont connect to Kopter Tools.

On photo 2 at the FlightCtrl you correctly connect the red wire at pin 1, but at the MKUSB the red wire is at pin 10 at the X2 connector. Turn around the cable at MKUSB and it should work.

Notice that on photo 4 you have correctly connected red wire at pin 1 on MKUSB.

It is good that you provided the links to the photos. Next time please consider to add URL markers then it is easier to access your links. To see how to do it, click the quote link on this message then you can see how to write URL links.

Tried to use URL markers but didn't work did exactly as you wrote but changed the link...
Mitglied
emmepelle meinte
Here's a picture of the connection to the MK photo still I'm getting no connection in Kopter Tools and when I go into terminal and try to update Timeout everytime, firmware is always OK and I have tried disconnecting LiPo after a couple dots but still no progress. My MK-usb is now just flashing TX so no green light whatsoever when I have the connections that I showed in the link and my FlightController has one solid green light and solid red if that helps with something.

Now cable at MKUSB is correct at pin 1. Ok.

On the MKUSB there is no jumper, so USB does not give proper 5V power to FlightCtrl. Only stray power (not good) through Tx signal line. Put on the jumper and see if it is enough to power FlightCtrl (and RC receiver), then enter KopterTool and see if it will connect to FlightCtrl.

Alternative keep jumper off and power FlightCtrl with LiPo battery, like SolutionXXL mentioned here.

On your photo is the flat cable actually connected to the FlightCtrl?

How do you normally power the FlightCtrl? Do you not use the small white Molex Picoblade connector on FlightCtrl to the left of the 5x2 pin cable where MKUSB connect?

---

P.S. your first attempt with URL encoding today was nearly correct, but you should NOT put quotes on the actual URL. Yes, I also think this forum software is confusing. Click the quote link for this message to see how:

Your photo
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 30.01.2017 20:24. »
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
emmepelle meinte

Now cable at MKUSB is correct at pin 1. Ok.

On the MKUSB there is no jumper, so USB does not give proper 5V power to FlightCtrl. Only stray power (not good) through Tx signal line. Put on the jumper and see if it is enough to power FlightCtrl (and RC receiver), then enter KopterTool and see if it will connect to FlightCtrl.

Alternative keep jumper off and power FlightCtrl with LiPo battery, like SolutionXXL mentioned here.

On your photo is the flat cable actually connected to the FlightCtrl?

How do you normally power the FlightCtrl? Do you not use the small white Molex Picoblade connector on FlightCtrl to the left of the 5x2 pin cable where MKUSB connect?

---

P.S. your first attempt with URL encoding today was nearly correct, but you should NOT put quotes on the actual URL. Yes, I also think this forum software is confusing. Click the quote link for this message to see how:

Your photo

I already had the MK powered up with a LiPo battery but without the Molex cable it's connected with a plus and minus from the BL's. But now I found something strange when I try to update the board looks like this video when I try to flash the firmware the FC shuts off? It's the same thing when I try too power the MK with the jumper closed without the LiPo.
Mitglied
emmepelle meinte
I already had the MK powered up with a LiPo battery but without the Molex cable it's connected with a plus and minus from the BL's. But now I found something strange when I try to update the board looks like this video when I try to flash the firmware the FC shuts off? It's the same thing when I try too power the MK with the jumper closed without the LiPo.

Does your PC have metal surface? In your video take very much care that you do not make short-circuit with the backside of MKUSB. Place adhesive tape on the backside of MKUSB.

I am confused how you power the FLightCtrl from the BL-Motor-Ctrl power board. Can you show the details of this?

Normally Quadro XL power board should use the Molex Picoblade connector that connect power to the FlightCtrl.

P.S. Your URL link Ok this time! ;)
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
emmepelle meinte

Does your PC have metal surface? In your video take very much care that you do not make short-circuit with the backside of MKUSB. Place adhesive tape on the backside of MKUSB.

I am confused how you power the FLightCtrl from the BL-Motor-Ctrl power board. Can you show the details of this?

Normally Quadro XL power board should use the Molex Picoblade connector that connect power to the FlightCtrl.

P.S. Your URL link Ok this time! ;)

Taped the backside of the MKUSB but no luck. Here's the connections from the FC to the PDB 1 2

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Electronics » FC no connection, can´t flash firmware, please HELP!