MikroKopter - Forum » Software, APPs & Programmierung » C-OSD - Die open-source Software fuers EPi-OSD / EPi-Strom

C-OSD - Die open-source Software fuers EPi-OSD / EPi-Strom

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: « < ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... > »

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
CaScAdE meinte
AFAIK there are some adapters out there which are based on FTDI chips and they have all the needed signals...
The cheap ones only supply RX/TX and that is not enough to programm with ISP....

Correct.. I think the FTDI is better than the Prolific chips. But, you never know until you purchase it.
Mitglied
Don't get me wrong... The PL-2303 from Prolific is a good chip, but I have never ever personally got my hand onto a USB->Serial adapter based on those ones where DCD, DTR, DSR, RTS or CTS where connected. In contrast to FTDI adapter where I had some of them where those were connected. Most of the serial ISP programmers (like SerCon) I know need DSR/RTS, RX, CTS and DTR (at least some of them). So the cheap adapters where only GND RX and TX are connected are somehow useless... Not the chip itself... But I can be wrong there as well :)
And still I would prefer FTDI because they have a better reputation...
Mitglied
CaScAdE meinte
Since chrispol and va3mw got their OSDs working I assume there is not bug to hunt currently?

The EXIT off the screen happens for NTSC user... I must admit that I did not test the NTSC part that much because my test-OSD is solderer to a cheap PAL cam and I am too lazy to rip off the cam everytime :)

va3mw: The PPM part is working for some people and for some not but I did not figure out why because here it worked ever since I implemented it... The only thing happening is that the COSD_FLAG_HUD is toggled causing the OSD to be drawn or not.

va3mw: The current measurement is taken from the OSD-Debug-Struct sent by the NC. Do you have correct values when using the MK-Tool?

chrispol: As you said, it is all C in the end and you should not have to struggle with the AVR related stuff in the code to do most changes.

will see if i correct the ntsc display this weekend and i could post up the fix
Mitglied
I am pretty sure I got my C-Strom working. I can see the amps just above the voltage in the live screen.

I'm a little unclear on which jumpers should be used (sj1 or sj2).

My 10 pin cable connected to the ISP port of the EPI-OSD has pins 3 and 8 cut.

I've noticed that the LED on the Strom is red and not very bright.

It seems that the current amperage is being reported (I am using 1HOCH4 ESCs, so no current measurement there). I still have to hook up the Eagle Tree and compare the readings.

A by FC is off.

In the summary page, it seems to report the maH consumed by the FC board, however the Max Current is blank. Should it not report the Max Current as reported by the C-Strom if A by FC is off?

externer Link:
User image

Again, thanks for all your great support.

Mike
« Bearbeitet von va3mw am 15.02.2012 06:51. »
Mitglied
va3mw meinte
I'm a little unclear on which jumpers should be used (sj1 or sj2).

Which Hardware revision do you have?

Assuming 1.2: SJ50 should be closed and SJ51 should be open when used along with EPi-OSD...

va3mw meinte
My 10 pin cable connected to the ISP port of the EPI-OSD has pins 3 and 8 cut.

Ok.

va3mw meinte
I've noticed that the LED on the Strom is red and not very bright.

If you were some kind of super-human you would see it is flashing and not simply red :-) It lights up during SPI-Transfer of data. But that is pretty fast and so we see a dimmed light. If it is simply on or off something is gone wild with the transfer...

va3mw meinte
IIt seems that the current amperage is being reported (I am using 1HOCH4 ESCs, so no current measurement there). I still have to hook up the Eagle Tree and compare the readings.

A by FC is off.

In the summary page, it seems to report the maH consumed by the FC board, however the Max Current is blank. Should it not report the Max Current as reported by the C-Strom if A by FC is off?

Actually it should when "A by FC" is off. But there is a offset calculated every time you start the engines... Like when you have already wasted 500mAh during setting up your Kopter and stuff it will remember that and displays current - 500mAh afterwards... So it could happen that you stay up with 0A for a while... Especially when playing around...
I must commit that I cannot find my EPi-Strom right now... And I have not used my MK for half a year.. So it is hard right now to verify this stuff.
Mitglied
I am having a few problems with using the C-Strom with the C-OSD.

C-OSD-20120114-2235
NTSC
C-Strom-20090914-2245
HW v1.2
ACS750LCA-050 50A sensor
12K resistors on Primary and Secondary voltage sense input

I have accessed the C-Strom with putty, setting the resistor values, calibrating the sensor, and saving. If I exit and connect again with putty, the saved resistor values are still there.

C-OSD is working beautifully, as far as I can tell. The EXIT line is missing from the menu, as noted already for NTSC.
The C-OSD display shows me the correct information at the top. I have 3 lines of data on the bottom: 2 lines for GPS and the last line is the battery icon, voltage, timers, and GPS satellites.

1) The mAh calculation is about 50% higher than what I sense with my EagleTree or WattsUp meters. They read 20mAh and the C-OSD reading is 30mAh. This is with a bench test, I have not flown yet to see what it shows at the end of a flight.

2) The Voltage from C-Strom is not working as I expect it to. 'A from FC' is disabled. SJ51 is open, with a jumper bringing the primary voltage to R50. SJ52 is jumpered for the battery grounds. When I use putty, I see both primary and secondary voltages, so I know the C-Strom is working.
Turning 'V from C-Strom' on/off enables/disables the Amp and mAh display on the second line up from the bottom. Good.
a) The Voltage on the last line is always showing the voltage from the FC. I have verified this by using a 3C battery for the FC and a 4C for the C-Strom.
b) I never see a second voltage display when placing a jumper from AKKU to AN-IN. I expect this to show me 2 voltage displays, even though they are the same. Again, the only voltage showing is from the FC.

Is there another calibration for the current sensor?
Should the last line Voltage show the FC or the C-Strom primary?
Where on the display should I see the secondary voltage?
Any ideas on what I may have missed?

TIA,
Rick
Mitglied
Hi,

in der Datenstruktur der 0.88e hat sich etwas geändert...

User image

CaScAdE kannst Du die Firmware für das OSD wieder anpassen...

das Setting 5 heisst x4_set_5_88

Specky
Mitglied
llamatrails meinte
Is there another calibration for the current sensor?
Should the last line Voltage show the FC or the C-Strom primary?
Where on the display should I see the secondary voltage?
Any ideas on what I may have missed?

There is not other calibration, reads like you have done it right. But for very small values there might be a slighty big offset. Try longer runs with higher usage...

The last line is always naviData.UBat.

The secondary voltage should be shown right above the flight time... I have got a nearly three years old image here:
externer Link:
User image
and
externer Link:
User image

Just test it a bit longer... I have no idea right now where to look at...

Specky meinte
in der Datenstruktur der 0.88e hat sich etwas geändert...

Wie immer: Danke specky fuer den Hinweis.

externer Link:
User image

20120328-1000
*setting struct adapted to V0.88e
@caused wrong setting-name display
Mitglied
Hi CaScAdE,

prompte "Lieferung" und perfekt wie immer, vielen Dank!!!

Specky
MK-Betatester
danke!
Mitglied
Hallo!

habe zwar schon einen eigen Thread aufgemacht aber will das auch
hier posten.

Heute ist mir aufgefallen, daß mein C-OSD den max. Stromwert ín der Statistik nicht anzeigt.
FC FW 86a
NC FW 26
C OSD FW 20120114 2235
in der Jeti Telemetrie wird der aktuelle Strom korrekt angezeigt.
Im C OSD auch, nur in der Statitik fehlt er dann.

Hab nun zur Probe die FW C-OSD-20110331-1805
aufgespielt und hier ist alles ok!

Kann dann eigentlich nur an der C-OSD Firmware liegen?

Habt ihr auch diesen Fehler bemerkt?

Habe gesehen, daß in der Statistikanzeige in der Zeile:
"max curr" : die Anzeige vom Strom durch die Zeile läuft bzw nur bruchstückhaft erscheint.
die mAh , und das kleine A sowie das kleine mAh und das "max curr" werden korrekt
angezeigt.

Vielleicht könnt ihr das mal überprüfen?

Wie gesagt der Fehler tritt auf in der
C OSD FW 20120114 2235-pal
und auch in der
C-OSD-20120328-1000-pal

nicht jedoch in der
FW C-OSD-20110331-1805-pal

Freundliche Grüße,
Andreas.
Mitglied
Baumi meinte
Heute ist mir aufgefallen, daß mein C-OSD den max. Stromwert ín der Statistik nicht anzeigt.
FC FW 86a
NC FW 26
C OSD FW 20120114 2235
in der Jeti Telemetrie wird der aktuelle Strom korrekt angezeigt.
Im C OSD auch, nur in der Statitik fehlt er dann.

Mir ist das nicht aufgefallen... Aber es stimmt :-)
Also Danke fuer den Hinweis.

externer Link:
User image

20120329-1324
*corrected bug in stats which caused maximal current to be overwritten
Mitglied
Hallo CaScAdE!

Herzlichen Dank...

Ist schon geflashed!

Grüße,
Andreas
Mitglied
CaScAdE meinte
Specky meinte
die Bezeichnung des Settings passt nicht :'(

Danke fuer den Hinweis. Hatte voellig uebersehen, dass sich in der V0.86d was an der setting struct geaendert hat, da sind nun 4 byte mehr vor dem Namen, die wurden deswegen faelschlicherweise mit als Setting-Name gentutz :)
Ich hab meinen MK ja schon ewig nimmer am OSD gehabt und meine Sim hab ich nicht angepasst...

externer Link:
User image

20120114-2235
*setting struct adapted to V0.86d
@caused wrong setting-name display

Hi CaScAdE,

denke bitte bei der c-osd Version der 0.86 wieder an die "alte" Datenstruktur... ;)

User image

Danke und VG Specky
Mitglied
Wie alte version?
Es gibt immer nur eine C-OSD version... Für verschiedenen Datenformate ist nicht wirklich Platz...
Mitglied
Hi CaScAdE,

für die 0.86 ist das Datenformat gegenüber der 0.88 schon wieder geändert
Es gab doch beim C_OSD für die 0.86 einen Fehler im Statistik Screen, deshalb hast Du das C_OSD wieder angepasst

Specky
« Bearbeitet von Specky am 01.04.2012 10:07. »
Mitglied
Ja, aber ich hab das doch jetzt fuer die 0.88e angepasst.
Und fuer verschiedene ist kein Platz. Also kann ich das nicht einfach an ALLE alten Versionen parallel anpassen...
Mitglied
Hi CaScAdE,

kein Problem, ich machs mirs selber (das compilieren) ;)

Specky
Mitglied
Hi,

ich habe mal eine Firmware für die 0.86 Version mit "corrected bug in stats which caused maximal current to be overwritten" gebastelt..

User image

http://www.fc00.de/osd/C-OSD-20120401-1705.zip

Specky
Mitglied
Hallo,

Hat schon mal jemand die Höhenangaben aus dem OSD und dem Log aus der NC verglichen?
Bei mir ergeben sich signifikante unterschiede. Die NC sagt z.B. max Höhe 15,7 m - Im OSD steht aber 29 m aus dem selben Flug.
Welche der Angaben kommt der Realität näher?
Leider habe ich kein Gebäude/Windrad/Baum in fliegbarer Nähe, von dem ich die Höhe weiß.

Danke
Mitglied
Nutzt du GPS oder Baro Hoehe?
Das kann daher kommen, ob man die absolute oder relative (zum Startpunkt) hoehe hat... Da wurde irgendwann mal was geaendert in der NC afair...
Wenn da irgendwer was genaueres drueber weiss: Her mit den Infos! Ich hab zum tief buddeln gerade keine Zeit ueber :/
Mitglied
das war schnell ! Danke
z.Z. benutze ich Barometer - in der Hoffnung, daß es genauer ist ;)
Auf der NC ist (noch) die 26 aktiv
OSD 20110331 - Im Changelog habe ich nichts gefunden, daß seit dem etwas an der Höhenmessung geändert wurde
Mitglied
Anyone tried to add voltage/battery flashing when low ? - some source for it is described as deprecated - why?
Mitglied
Hallo zusammen,

Ich habe Probleme mit dem EPI-OSD und der C-OSD Firmware.

Ich habe die 1.88m SW auf die FC geladen. NC die entsprechende neue SW.

Das EPI-OSD habe ich am Boden mit einem WI-232 Modul betrieben.

Das hat dann natürlich nicht mehr funktioniert, weil das EPI die Daten nich mehr verstanden hat.

Ich habe versucht die aktuelle C-OSD Firmware mit meinem Sercon aufzuspielen. Ist mir wahrscheinlich nicht gelungen.
Meldung: Device not found. PonyProg auch noch an einem uralt PC installiert... Dasselbe Ergebnis..

Resultat:
EPI-OSD schleift das Video Signal noch durch. Strom wird an das WI-232 Modul und die Sercon abgegeben.
Beim Einschalten gehen keine LED's an.

PonyProg meldet Device not found. Wenn ich mit ignore weiter fahre... dann sind nach dem (logischerweise negativen...) verify manchmal LED 3 und 4 aktiv.

Die Fusebits habe ich (nach meinem Wissen) nicht manipuliert.

Ich hab das Wiki abgesucht, nach bestem Wissen... bald 5 Stunden lang, die Anleitung zum EPI gelesen... aber das hat mich leider nicht weiter gebracht.

Kann mir jemand einen Tip geben??

Danke vielmals
Reinle

PS: Müsste man für Fragen dieser Art einen eigenen Thread ertöffnen oder gehört das hierhin???
« Bearbeitet von Reinle am 19.06.2012 14:01. »
Mitglied
AndreK: actually it should flash when low. and which parts are marked as deprecated?

Reinle: Hier ist schon richtig zu posten. Mit Ponyprog bekommt man es leicht hin, den AVR zu "verfusen". Schoener sind da usb-isp-programmer die nicht vom system abhaengen sondern sauber clocken. kosten mit versand auch keine 5€ aus china...
Was oft (warum auch immer) passiert, ist das die fuses auf externen oszillator gesetzt werden und dann reicht nen quarz als taktgeber nicht mehr... da kann man dann flashen so viel man will, der avr denkt er steht (keine clock).
Externen takt anlegen kann hier helfen, der muss nicht mal sehr schnell sein. In * AVRWiederbelebung * steht wie es gehen "kann".
Falls das alles nichts bringt, muss man wohl den mega austauschen...
Laufen denn andere Sachen mit dem Ponyprog an deinem Rechner?
Du kannst zum retten auch schauen ob jemand bei der aus der gegend kommt, der damit evtl erfahrung hat. Ich wuerd dir auch anbieten, das ich versuche das zu retten, und du dir nen usb progger fuer die zukunft besorgst, aber aus CH nach DE und zurueck auch DE nach CH ist da wohl doch zu viel aufwand :)

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: « < ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... > »

MikroKopter - Forum » Software, APPs & Programmierung » C-OSD - Die open-source Software fuers EPi-OSD / EPi-Strom