MikroKopter - Forum » Photo & Video » Video Switch

Video Switch

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a video switch so I can switch between two different cameras in flight.

I fly the MK Okto XL with GR-16 and the AV Nano Stinger transmitter

Altigator has a "3 way video switch - FPV" and this is the technology I'm looking for, but I'm not sure I can connect this switch to the Nano Stinger (that little Molex-thing, you know...).

Important to know, both cameras have their own power source, so no need to tap into the kopter's supplies !

If anybody has some experience with this ,please let me know !

Thanks a lot :mrgreen:
Mitglied
I use this switch: http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-3-way-cam-switcher-p-175.html
Works great. You can connect up to 3 cameras and switch via pwm.
Mitglied
Do you have the Graupner tx and receiver ? I hooked up the videoswitch to the GR 16. The videoswitch gets power, but it doesn't seem to respond to the 3-way button on the MC32. All I can find on the net are youtube videos and everybody seems to agree that the only thing you have to do is to switch a couple of times between the three positions on the TX button and the videoswitch will calibrate itself. I really hope I don't have to dig into the software menus of the MC32 to get this thing to work !
Mitglied
I use Jeti, but it should work with almost any receiver. On your MC32 you can check each channel on a menu called "Servoanzeige" (in English it must be something like "Servo display"). When you hit your 3-way button, there must be one channel that changes when hitting the switch. That is the channel you have to hook the cam switch up on your GR 16.
But if you already spent all the money for a Graupner MC32, digging into the transmitters menu and learning its functions would not be so bad :).

But basically I would check it like this:
1) Check if a signal comes out when hitting the switch of the transmitter by checking the "Servoanzeige"
2) Check if a signal comes out on the receiver --> Do this with an oscilloscope, and if you don't have one, just use a servo and see if it moves when switching the button
3) If 1 and 2 are done successfully and the cam switch still doesn't work, use a channel of the transmitter, where a stick is connected to. Move the stick all the way and check if the switch reacts than..
4) If all this doesn't work, take the cam switch, flush it down the toilete, and be happy with one camera
Mitglied
That is some excellent advice, thank you !

Hopefully I get this this going before I get to step 4 :-)

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Photo & Video » Video Switch