MikroKopter - Forum » Public BETA » MKGPS Hardware V3 mit Glonass

MKGPS Hardware V3 mit Glonass

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: « < 1 2 3 4 5

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
use the google translater ;)
Mitglied
Can the ublox NEO-M8N of MK GPS support "Galileo"?
Entwickler, Admin
bubble meinte
Can the ublox NEO-M8N of MK GPS support "Galileo"?

Not yet. The Galileo System is not in stable operation.
That will take some more years.
Mitglied
Gestern habe ich erfolgreich meinen ersten Indoor-GPS Flug gemacht.
Dank des V3-GPS habe ich auch unter dem Ziegeldach genügend gute Empfangsbedingungen.
Wenn dann mal etwas mehr Platz ist bzw weniger Sachen rumstehen gibt auch noch einen Indoor-WP-Flug.
Mitglied
Hello,

Today I have tried "the GPS V3".
Yes, V3 has the ability to search more satellites, more sensitive, locate more quickly.
But, if V3 and V2.1 received the same numbers of satellites, compared with MKGPS V2.1, V3 is not as good as V2.1.

The V3 picture as follow:
User image

The V2.1 picture as follow:
User image

The two pictures show that, V3 received about 8 satellites, V2.1 can only received about 4 satellites, under this poor conditions(near the big window in the room).

But, horizontal comparison, if V2.1 receive 8 satellites, the same numbers as V3, it must be better than this one(V3).
So, I think maybe the numbers of satellites is not the key!
By the way, how to set "Min. Sat" in Mikrokopter-tools when I use MKGPS V3?

Regards,
Bubble
« Bearbeitet von Bubble am 28.12.2014 10:45. »
MK-Betatester
@bubble,
your are wrong, three times.

1. Your "special" conditions (near the big window in the room) are not a good for comparing or measuring.

2. Look at the Scale; i see
V3 with 8 Sats and max. 14/9 meters deviation,
V2.1 with 5 Sats and max. 75/20 meters deviation

"By horizontal comparison"?

3. "Min. Sat" in Mikrokopter-tools don't change the behavior of the GPS Module.
You have to configure the GPS Module with u-Center and turn of the automatic configuration from Navi Control.
Mitglied
my copter crashed due to my bad reaction, i havent switched of the gps hold and tried to get back control over my escaping x8, which wasnt possible till it crashed again a lamp mast. i am wondering if the copters behavor has something to do with the new compass.
it would be great if someone here could check my logfile, which recorded an increasing difference between the magnetic directions and the gyro compass, meanwhile the copter became inflyable with gps. temperature was below zero, it was flight no.9 and my logfile shows an increasement of this differences between this compass values. its the new compass, mounted under the new gps 3.0. is my sensormeither defect or could it be it is not temperature stable?

logfile here:
http://www.tangential.de/downloads/14122709.GPX.zip
Mitglied
MartinW meinte
2. Look at the Scale; i see
V3 with 8 Sats and max. 14/9 meters deviation,
V2.1 with 5 Sats and max. 75/20 meters deviation
"By horizontal comparison"?

Sorry , maybe I did not express clearly.
What I mean is that V3 received 8 sats is showed in the picture, if V2.1 also reveiced 8 satellites, the deviation must be smaller than V3 (8 Sats and max. 14/9 meters deviation). Because I always flying V2.1 received about 8 sats, the deviation was not reach 14/9 meters .

MartinW meinte
@bubble,
your are wrong, three times.
1. Your "special" conditions (near the big window in the room) are not a good for comparing or measuring.
3. "Min. Sat" in Mikrokopter-tools don't change the behavior of the GPS Module.

"Min. Sat" in Mikrokopter-tools is 6 sats. Sometimes, in the valley or some place under bad GPS condition, V2.1 will not receive enough sats, copter will not take off, so it's safe.
But if V3 will receive more sats, assuming the numbers of sats are greater than 6 less than 8 , as the picture shows, copter will be allowed to take off, but deviation is 14/9 meters or more... It will cause a crash.
So, I think there maybe a suitable "Min. Sat" for V3.

Regards,
Bubble
« Bearbeitet von Bubble am 29.12.2014 04:42. »
Mitglied
bubble meinte
The two pictures show that, V3 received about 8 satellites, V2.1 can only received about 4 satellites, under this poor conditions(near the big window in the room).

Hi Bubble,

please be careful in interpreting GPS signals measured indoor. This will surely not work properly, due to weak signals, superimposed (reflected) signals and so on. On the other hand, the number of received satellites is not a measure for the accuracy of the calculated position. Therefore 8 satellites indoor are not comparable to 8 satellites outdoor.

My suggestion is to repeat the comparison test outdoor. The deviation map should show only a few meters, in any case (old and new GPS hardware). However, the new hardware should show more satellites, which gives you more safety in suboptimal conditions.

Armin
Mitglied
Zitat
But, if V3 and V2.1 received the same numbers of satellites, compared with MKGPS V2.1, V3 is not as good as V2.1.

This statement is also theoretically comprehensible, since the accurracy of Glonass less than the accuracy of GPS (See here: http://www.navipedia.net/index.php/GLONASS_Performances). So he is not wrong at all. All he wants to say is using the minimum of satellites, could lead to a worse behaviour than with 2.1, which is also true.
You will always get more or an equal number of satellites using GLONASS and GPS, so you will have the better performance. Since GLONASS uses different frequencies, you will also be more resistent agains scrambler. But when using GLONASS and GPS and you only have a few number of satellites you might have to be carefull. In this case you would probably not be able to get a fix with 2.1.
Mitglied
Help please
I have a faulty motherboard MKGPS V3
The board is not inductances L2
What is the value inductance L2?

What is the full name of the chip next to the L2?

Photo board.

externer Link:
User image
« Bearbeitet von VladPTZ am 14.02.2015 18:33. »
Mitglied
Chip BGM1034N7

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/bgm1034N7.pdf?folderId=db3a30431f848401011fcbf2ab4c04c4&fileId=db3a304334fac4c60134fafa93ce0011

inductor 8.2nH 0402

GPS board is works :)

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: « < 1 2 3 4 5

MikroKopter - Forum » Public BETA » MKGPS Hardware V3 mit Glonass