MikroKopter - Forum » Software » Poti for single waypoint speed

Poti for single waypoint speed

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
In the MK Tool settings at tab page "Navi-Ctrl 2" I can set the speed for single WP flight as decimeter per second. Entering a number like 24 to fly 2.4 m/s works fine.

I wanted to use a poti to adjust the speed during flight. A RC transmitter channel or a serial channel can be mapped to a poti. In the FlightCtrl the RC channel and serial channel is interpreted as an 0 to ~240 value. For the field "Single WP speed" that would actually be up to ~24 m/s (= ~86 km/h). That got me worried, so I set up with a serial channel and in a separate program limited the max setting.

After some experimentation I have then found that it does not actually fly that fast because the value of the poti is not equal to the value used. There is some sort of scaling involved.

1. What is the scaling of the poti value to single WP speed in m/s (or dm/s)?

2. Where in the wiki is it documented?
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
1. What is the scaling of the poti value to single WP speed in m/s (or dm/s)?

2. Where in the wiki is it documented?

In the firmware the MK parameters (settings in the MK Tool) are defined in eeprom.h, in a structure paramset_t with member SingleWpSpeed.

All the handling of the SingleWpSpeed and the use of channel values from serial channels or RC channel is handled in the NaviCtrl. Unfortunately there is no public source code for this MCU firmware so I cannot determine how the scaling is done.

I hope HolgerB can answer my two questions.
Entwickler, Admin
WP-Speed [cm/sec] = Poti / 0,3
Mitglied
Any reason to use cm/sec?

that´s something I´ve always find weird in extreme, as that unit is not used in any field I know and force you to do some maths. Ok, simple maths, but what´s the reason to do not use international units?
Entwickler, Admin
AndresMtnez meinte
but what´s the reason to do not use international units?

Okay:
WP-Speed [mph] = Poti / 13
Mitglied
Ich hätte es noch gerne in km/h :roll:
Mitglied
HolgerB meinte
Okay:
WP-Speed [mph] = Poti / 13

Please we do not need all that. I think the easy way to express it would be:
WP-speed [m/s] = Poti / 30

I suggest the Navi-Ctrl 2 wiki page with single WP speed is updated with the useful info. Something like:

When a poti is used for WP speed, the speed [meter / sec] = poti / 30:

Poti = 0 (0%): speed = 0 m/s = 0 km/h
Poti = 64 (25%): speed = ~2.1 m/s = ~7.7 km/h
Poti = 128 (50%): speed = ~4.3 m/s = ~15.4 km/h
Poti = 192 (75%): speed = 6.4 m/s = ~23.0 km/h
Poti = 255 (100%): speed = 8.5 m/s = 30.6 km/h

It should be noted that for a given speed the poti value does NOT equal the integer value when set as constant.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 03.05.2016 18:21. »
Mitglied
@HolgerB, @IngoB
In general I find the documentation in the wiki very good, but there is still places where information is missing. I would like that information about single WP speed when Poti used to be added. I cannot update those wiki pages, it has to be someone from MikroKopter.

Please assign someone at MikroKopter to keep the wiki updated so MikroKopter can be the best documented micro-copter system. That has value for your existing customers, and also important to attract new users.

Foersom meinte
I suggest the Navi-Ctrl 2 wiki page with single WP speed is updated with the useful info. Something like:

When a poti is used for WP speed, the speed [meter / sec] = poti / 30:

Poti = 0 (0%): speed = 0 m/s = 0 km/h
Poti = 64 (25%): speed = ~2.1 m/s = ~7.7 km/h
Poti = 128 (50%): speed = ~4.3 m/s = ~15.4 km/h
Poti = 192 (75%): speed = 6.4 m/s = ~23.0 km/h
Poti = 255 (100%): speed = 8.5 m/s = 30.6 km/h

It should be noted that for a given speed the poti value does NOT equal the integer value when set as constant.
Wiki-Mod, MK-Betatester
Your list is cool. But I think it is maybe better without speed

Poti = (0%): speed = 0 m/s
Poti = (50%): speed = half speed
Poti = (100%): speed = max speed

(with standard settings - max speed => ~8,5 m/s = 30,6km/h)

I will think about it and change the wiki page. Maybe also a special page with pictures, only for how to use a Poti.
Thank you for the input.
Mitglied
hallo,

H&I sollte dem user "foersom" den "golden award für verdienste um das mk-forum" verleihen. !!! seine beiträge sind sehr hillfreich !!!
weiter so......

lg aus Tirol, ABH
Mitglied
ABH meinte
H&I sollte dem user "foersom" den "golden award für verdienste um das mk-forum" verleihen. !!! seine beiträge sind sehr hillfreich !!!
weiter so......

Thank you. I know that you write reguarly in the forum and I think it is important.

I hope to see more people to participate in the forum. To add knowledge, experience and technical links whenever there is thread that one can assist with. We can then all learn.

But I would also like to see more of MikroKopter team here in the forum whenever there is technical problem and technical request that needs their expertise for answering.

Greetings from Luxembourg.
Mitglied
ABH meinte
hallo,

weiter so......

lg aus Tirol, ABH

Dem stimme ich bei!
Der Mann kennt sich aus!!
Mitglied
LotharF meinte
Poti = (0%): speed = 0 m/s
Poti = (50%): speed = half speed

Please do not write a list like that. That is so obvious it has no value. Then leave out the list and just write the conversion between poti value to the typed number the user otherwise would write in the "single WP speed" field.

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Software » Poti for single waypoint speed