MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » wich propeller to use on MK3638

wich propeller to use on MK3638

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
hi all

Wich are good propellers to use on a MK3638 octo XL?

now i use APC 12x6.. are there better props??

thanks
Mitglied
PieterBrans meinte
hi all

thanks

Hi Pieter,

You choose the propeller based on the motor curve. Look: http://gallery3.mikrokopter.de/tech/MK3538_characteristic_curve_0-8A

The curve of the engine 3538 is the same motor 3638

Takeoff up to 5kg (625g / motor), it is best 14x4,7 @ 3,75A / engine), but because of the size I suggest 12x3,8 @ 4,5A / motor.

Best Regards
Mitglied
And when it has a take off mass around 7kg ?
Mitglied
Joao Marcelo meinte
PieterBrans meinte
hi all

thanks

Hi Pieter,

You choose the propeller based on the motor curve. Look: http://gallery3.mikrokopter.de/tech/MK3538_characteristic_curve_0-8A

The curve of the engine 3538 is the same motor 3638

Takeoff up to 5kg (625g / motor), it is best 14x4,7 @ 3,75A / engine), but because of the size I suggest 12x3,8 @ 4,5A / motor.

Best Regards

and when the mass is around 7KG? this ones good? or suggest others ?

https://drones.altigator.com/tmotor-carbon-propellers-14x48-v2-p-41444.html

thanks
Mitglied
PieterBrans meinte

7 kg is very heavy for Octo-XL and MK3638. Which BL-Motor-Ctrl board do you use V2 or V3?

Do you use Lipo 4S or 6S?

About propellers, for Octo-XL diamond (square) layout you are limited to 30 cm propellers. If you change the 4 short riggers to long riggers 460 mm, you have a circular layout (8 long riggers) and you fit 33 cm props.FASE Micro-Copter use that. I can recommend this solution.

If you want to use circular layout with even larger propellers MK sells very long riggers 545 mm. They are long enough for 38 cm propellers. However I do not know anybody who use these riggers and MK has never shown any photos of a micro-copter using them.

P.S. when you pose questions in the forum, could you please answer the questions of the people that help you? If you find a solution on your own, just write that, so we know problem has been solved.
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
PieterBrans meinte

7 kg is very heavy for Octo-XL and MK3638. Which BL-Motor-Ctrl board do you use V2 or V3?

Do you use Lipo 4S or 6S?

About propellers, for Octo-XL diamond (square) layout you are limited to 30 cm propellers. If you change the 4 short riggers to long riggers 460 mm, you have a circular layout (8 long riggers) and you fit 33 cm props.FASE Micro-Copter use that. I can recommend this solution.

If you want to use circular layout with even larger propellers MK sells very long riggers 545 mm. They are long enough for 38 cm propellers. However I do not know anybody who use these riggers and MK has never shown any photos of a micro-copter using them.

P.S. when you pose questions in the forum, could you please answer the questions of the people that help you? If you find a solution on your own, just write that, so we know problem has been solved.

My bad, i forgot to answer, i will do it!

I use 4S lipo and the V2 board. Its also a circular design and weights now 5,9kg

So i need the 33 cm props? any particular? or wich one you use?

I hope this will solve the shaking, i have now a prop that has little pieces missing, so i hope this solve it :)

you can see it here in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyXe0PPneI

thanks in advance

pieter
Mitglied
PieterBrans meinte
I use 4S lipo and the V2 board. Its also a circular design and weights now 5,9kg

With Lipo 4S and mass 5.9 kg you must draw a lot of current, I guess ~60 A. With BL-Motor-Ctrl V2 that means they get hot, so I hope you have good ventilation of the V2 power-board.

PieterBrans meinte

Check the straight line distance between two neighbouring motor axles (center), this should give you the propeller diameter you can use. Remember to add ~2 cm for the gap between propeller tips. The gap has to be this large because with the motor angle adapters some gaps becomes shorter than others. On my micro-copter, with the angled motors the shortest gap is 11 mm, which is Ok.

I use Graupner E-prop 33x20 cm. They work well. They are steeper than most propellers, so they perform more work (lift) per rotation.

PieterBrans meinte
I hope this will solve the shaking, i have now a prop that has little pieces missing, so i hope this solve it :)

Indeed there are some strange small movements in the video. If it is propeller imbalance I would have expected it to be continuous.

Video looks good, but I am not a fan of the music.

In general about propeller imbalance. Have you tried to balance the propellers?

The Graupner E-props are fine as bought, but I have used a balancer and sand paper to make a perfect balance.
« Bearbeitet von Foersom am 10.08.2016 01:03. »
Mitglied
Foersom meinte
PieterBrans meinte

With Lipo 4S and mass 5.9 kg you must draw a lot of current, I guess ~60 A. With BL-Motor-Ctrl V2 that means they get hot, so I hope you have good ventilation of the V2 power-board.

when in flight it has indeed around 55A , but ventilation is ok :p

PieterBrans meinte

Check the straight line distance between two neighbouring motor axles (center), this should give you the propeller diameter you can use. Remember to add ~2 cm for the gap between propeller tips. The gap has to be this large because with the motor angle adapters some gaps becomes shorter than others. On my micro-copter, with the angled motors the shortest gap is 11 mm, which is Ok.

I use Graupner E-prop 33x20 cm. They work well. They are steeper than most propellers, so they perform more work (lift) per rotation.

hmm interesting, as long as it stabilize more and has more precise movement its fine for me, maybe little more flighttime :)

PieterBrans meinte

Indeed there are some strange small movements in the video. If it is propeller imbalance I would have expected it to be continuous.

Video looks good, but I am not a fan of the music.

In general about propeller imbalance. Have you tried to balance the propellers?

The Graupner E-props are fine as bought, but I have used a balancer and sand paper to make a perfect balance.

the props i use now are not good, pieces missing so that why i need new one, but want to get good ones directly :)

about the movie, the shaking is continious in the hole line, but its a lot stabilized in Final Cut pro :)
« Bearbeitet von PieterBrans am 10.08.2016 10:17. »

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » wich propeller to use on MK3638