MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Quadro-X - Compas calibration - MK Tools

Quadro-X - Compas calibration - MK Tools

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Dear All,

I have a question about the Quadro-X configuration based on a Mikrokopter Quadro XL frame.

The Frame was designed with the + configuration in mind and the software enable to use a Quadro-X configuration by rotating the FC axis by 45 degrees.

With regards to the compas calibration, should it be done with the + frame in mind or can it be done with the X configuration in mind ?

Thanks
Mitglied
http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-post332450.html#post332450
http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-post332478.html#post332478

Regards
Joachim
Mitglied
Thank you very much Joachim ! You understood well my question and i believe the answer was clear, I must do the calibration as per the FC arrow.

I thought it was the case, I did the compas calibration this way (as if the Kopter was in the + configuration, following the arrows. I was using the FC3 and latest software) I am quite sure about the ACC base calibration as I do it on a perfect plane surface. Of course this has to be then fine tuned with the radio (MC32 and ACC calibration menu)

But, even with this, I am not sure at all about the initial calibration I did as without any wind when I lift the copter he had a tendency to go away a bit (a lot). So I preferred asking the question on the forum before going any further.

I don't know what to check now, I will try another compas calibration again tomorrow and another gyro also.

Thanks again.
Mitglied
The compass calibration, as well as the ACC calibration during flight refer to the arrow on the FC. This is important to know in the case of an "X quadrocopter" based on a "+ quadrocopter with twisted front direction".

I use this option on my X quadro too. To simplify the ACC calibration during flight, I use a special setting, where the front direction equals the FC arrow. This is quite easy to handle. After the ACC calibration, I switch back to my standard setting where the FC arrow points to -45 degrees refering to front.

Armin
Mitglied
Thanks again Armin, I forgot to ask the question about the ACC calibration during flight, I could have made a mistake here ! Your were wisely proactive on this one !

I will revert to + config for calibration and move back to X once I am happy with the calibration(s)

Thanks (again)

Charles
Mitglied
Some more news:

I have tried this evening to configure the compas twice with the settings set to Quadro-X and the FC Angle to -45°. When I was doing the compass calibration, I only took info account the pointing arrow of the FC (+ configuration) => impossible to fly, huge oscillations like if I had big compas errors. But I had no errors.

I have reverted to Quadro Only (+ configuration), did the compas calibration again, and the copter took off like a charm. I had a little bit of wind so I could not completely validate my ACC settings today, I will do this tomorrow.

How can I move back to a Quadro-X configuration once the ACC config is done ? Because this is how the copter is supposed to be set to be flown :(

Thanks
Mitglied
papymouzot meinte
How can I move back to a Quadro-X configuration once the ACC config is done ? Because this is how the copter is supposed to be set to be flown :(

See http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/MK-Parameter/Mixer-SETUP. Do not change the mixer table, only change the front direction by clicking on the arrows as described in the section "choice of orientation". Do not forget to set the same orientation in the camera section too: http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/MK-Parameter/Camera.

Armin
Mitglied
OK, I will try this tomorrow. Thanks. :)

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Construction » Quadro-X - Compas calibration - MK Tools