MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » Graupner Hott reach in 2.4 ghz

Graupner Hott reach in 2.4 ghz

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
I have two stations Graupner (MC32 and MX20). I use GR-32 receivers with antennas in the low part properly installed and 90º.

According Graupner, with that configuration could reach 4 km. But the truth is that often 600 or 700 m. and the failsafe is activated by signal loss. And if low altitude flight, sometimes I lose signal 400 or 500 m.

Has anyone been able to improve the range of 2.4 GHz Graupner ?.

Is there a kit to replace the transmitter antenna with one of greater profit?

Other known and proven systems reach several KM and even carry the video signal.

In Spanish:

Tengo dos emisoras Graupner ( MC32 y MX20 ). Utilizo receptores GR-32, con las antenas en la parte baja, bien instaladas y a 90º.

Según Graupner, con esa configuración podría alcancar 4 km., pero lo cierto es que muchas veces a 600 o 700 m. ya se activa el failsafe, por falta de señal. Y si vuelo a baja altura, en ocasiones, pierdo señal a 400 o 500 m.

¿Alguien ha podido mejorar el alcance de Graupner en 2,4 ghz?.

¿Existe algún kit para sustituir la antena del transmisor por otra de mayor ganancia?

Otros sistemas conocidos y probados, alcanzan varios KM e incluso transportan la señal de vídeo.
Mitglied
aerorec meinte
I have two stations Graupner (MC32 and MX20). I use GR-32 receivers with antennas in the low part properly installed and 90º.

According Graupner, with that configuration could reach 4 km. But the truth is that often 600 or 700 m. and the failsafe is activated by signal loss. And if low altitude flight, sometimes I lose signal 400 or 500 m.

Other known and proven systems reach several KM and even carry the video signal.

I have only used range up to ~400 m. But some ideas:

On the RC transmitter do you have a screen that perhaps block the antenna? The typical placement with screen on top of the antenna cannot be helpful for long range. I have pilot screen placed to the left of the MX-20.

On the RC transmitter how have you oriented the antenna? It is best if it is angled so the tip does NOT point towards the micro-copter.

In the MX20 user guide:
"Transmitter antenna orientation - Transmission field strength is minimal in an imaginary line extending straight out from the end of the transmitter's antenna. This means that "pointing" the transmitter's antenna directly toward the model will not produce good reception but rather degrade reception."
Mitglied
Yes, I know all that. I have over 5 years flying multicópteros with Graupner and Mikrokopter.

I do not understand is how Graupner Hott (2. 4 ghz) indicates that you can reach 4 km, and in fact, hardly to reach 1 km. That's not serious.

Does anyone on the forum tried to replace the antenna TX for some higher gain ?.

Does anyone tested with a 'boster' (amplifier 2.4 ghz) ?.

In Spanish:
Si, todo eso lo sé. Llevo más de 5 años volando multicópteros con Graupner y Mikrokopter.

Lo que no entiendo es como Graupner Hott (2.4 ghz) indica que se puede alcanzar 4 km, y en realidad, casi no alcance 1 km. Eso no es serio.

¿Alguien del foro probó a sustituir la antena del TX por alguna de mayor ganancia?.

¿Alguien probó con un "boster" (amplificador de 2,4 ghz)?.

Foersom meinte
aerorec meinte

I have only used range up to ~400 m. But some ideas:

On the RC transmitter do you have a screen that perhaps block the antenna? The typical placement with screen on top of the antenna cannot be helpful for long range. I have pilot screen placed to the left of the MX-20.

On the RC transmitter how have you oriented the antenna? It is best if it is angled so the tip does NOT point towards the micro-copter.

In the MX20 user guide:
"Transmitter antenna orientation - Transmission field strength is minimal in an imaginary line extending straight out from the end of the transmitter's antenna. This means that "pointing" the transmitter's antenna directly toward the model will not produce good reception but rather degrade reception."

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » Graupner Hott reach in 2.4 ghz