GPS battery

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
There are more "accident-reports" coming in concerning the GPS-battery. Please inform us about the use and importance of this battery. People are concerned about the loss of voltage of this thing.

Could it be the effect of a poor GPS-battery is even greater then we think or the effect of Solar Storms?
Moderator, MK-Betatester
as you should already know as an ex-pro user, the gps battery is good for shorten the time to get a fix, but has no relation to gps quality nor function.
Mitglied
Please explain;
----
After reading this thread I decided to do a flat GPS battery flight, but already waiting for some erratic flight behavior, and guess what? Bingo!!! ???

The thing wanted to get away, I brought it back, recharged and it worked like heaven. Nice, smooth and reliable. Stayed for about 5 minutes on PH and Altitude Hold and just PERFECT... ;D
----
Are we all stupid? Can you guarantee the GPS-battery has no effect at all?
Entwickler, Admin
Hello Bart,

the GPS-Battery is an uncritical part. You could even shortcut it or leave it away.
It is only needed to get a faster fix, because the satellite data are kept in the memory with the battery.
Without the battery it could take up to 10minutes for the first fix.

Regards,
Holger
Mitglied
Bart meinte
Please explain;
----
After reading this thread I decided to do a flat GPS battery flight, but already waiting for some erratic flight behavior, and guess what? Bingo!!! ???

The thing wanted to get away, I brought it back, recharged and it worked like heaven. Nice, smooth and reliable. Stayed for about 5 minutes on PH and Altitude Hold and just PERFECT... ;D
----
Are we all stupid? Can you guarantee the GPS-battery has no effect at all?

Maybe he hadn't screwed the NC on tight enough. That could explain the erratic behavior. re-mounting the gps-module he probably did tighten everything down.
Mitglied
Good point wizprod
Mitglied
I have found that a flat/low GPS battery has caused very poor/virtually non existent PH and when really low doesn't log flight data.

Here is my little story.

I was having problems trying to get my X8 to hold position and was always having issues with it only logging some of the flights and some flight logs were incomplete and sometimes it would not log at all! Because of this at first I was focusing on the Navi as this is where the SD card is.

So...it basically had to be a no wind day for me to be sort of happy, but the logs were still an issue/mystery. Anyway after months of trying and swapping Navi boards and still getting nowhere I decided to swap the GPS boards over and I was amazed at the difference and got a very good PH straight away (without any software adjustments) and could finally smile and all the flights were also logged, I was a very happy man. After a lot of research that night I finally tested the GPS battery on the first GPS board and found it was only something like 1.5v. From that day on I was sure the battery was the problem, I kept flying the new GPS board then one day the GPS hold was no good again and also noticed some of the flights were not logged, I straight away thought of the GPS battery and sure enough it was low, can't remember exactly but think it was something like 2.2v......charged it up and I again had a good PH. I have since not gone back to the old board, and as long as I keep the GPS battery charged it seems to be fine. If I let it get low I notice the same issues straight away.

Maybe its something to do with the GPS or Navi boards themselves but I would be very surprised if both my GPS and Navi boards are dodgy.
« Bearbeitet von crcr am 13.06.2012 15:32. »
Mitglied
What´s the reference of this battery?

Mine is done, it reads 1,3v and even after charging (several hours wich took the battery to 2,67v) it get self-discharged in very little time, so I guess it´s time to replace it, wich is not surprising after 4-5 years of use

What battery is it?
Mitglied
AndresMtnez meinte
What´s the reference of this battery?

Mine is done, it reads 1,3v and even after charging (several hours wich took the battery to 2,67v) it get self-discharged in very little time, so I guess it´s time to replace it, wich is not surprising after 4-5 years of use

What battery is it?

https://www.mikrocontroller.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=87&products_id=673
Mitglied
thanks, I did a search in the wiki but didn´t realize it would be easier at the shop :oops:
Mitglied
Ok I´ve replaced the battery, wich had a tension of 2,64v before soldering. After soldering I did let it charge for 2-3 hours, but some time later it was at 1,3v, and now it´s 0,45V... so obviously it was not the battery wich was faulty...

Any idea what may be? I did replace the battery because my okto was drifting masively with PH activated and after reading this thread I thought this could be my problem, specially after finding my gps battery below 1V, but now it´s obvious that´s not my problem
Mitglied
is this a new build? try reducing wires wraping together helps! also you could turn compass effect to 0.

put some pics helps people chim in
Mitglied
No it´s not a new build, I´ve been flying this copter for around 5 years. And my compass effect has always been 0

And it does lock 8-9 satellites, but still gets severe drift...
« Bearbeitet von AndresMtnez am 28.12.2016 20:55. »
Mitglied
No idea anyone?

GPS module expired?

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » MikroKopter - general » GPS battery