MikroKopter - Forum » Software » MK LiveView - new pc prog

MK LiveView - new pc prog

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

Autor Neuer Beitrag
Mitglied
Hello,

I finally dared to dive into the depths of the controller sources as I wanted to make a programm for displaying the telemetry data on PC.

After some struggles with sending and decrypting the sent data I found a project from John C. Macdonald: "Mikrokopter serial control tutorial" that helped me very much to set up the communication.

The programm is written in C# and should run on windows7 upwards with .net framework 3.5 - I also tested it in a virtual machine with xp - but there I have no serial port - the programm did start, at least.

Here're som screenshots:
externer Link:
User image
externer Link:
User image
externer Link:
User image
externer Link:
User image
externer Link:
User image
externer Link:
User image
externer Link:
User image

Here You find a small documentation: MikroKopter LiveView EN

All this and the source is found in the SVN: MKLiveView

[EDIT]
17.09.2016 - added 3 buttons with individual values to four of the serial channels

I hope some of You'll find it useful - any suggestions, wishes etc are welcome! ;)

Cheers,

Stephan
« Bearbeitet von IngoB am 18.10.2016 12:17. »
Mitglied
Hello Stephan,

I found your program maybe two weeks ago as i was browsing through the photos database. I find it quite interesting with the exception that when i fly, I can't look at my PC at the same time. However, I dreamt to have something one day running on a iPad or iPhone, which i could use above my 8" video screen which is on my radio support, or replacing my video screen !

For info, it works fine under Windows10, using the MK-USB, it should work the same with the Wi232. it is however an overlap with MK-Tools.

Yes, the dream APP for me would be in between the DJI Go App for the video and the MK-Tool app for the tablet for the WP and info. I know we need an adapter for the video feed, probably not easy at all to build, i don't know. The dream app would be taking his inputs from the range extender (BT preferred) or serial wi232. I could use a larger iPad and get rid of the video screen, less weight on the shoulders. However the video feed is probably something too difficult to manage with software and hardware at the same time, the MAP as it is used on the mk-tool would be really great, as long as it doesn't run on android ;)

I think it is really good to see somebody doing new developments.

My questions are more towards what is needed today to have on a screen when you fly to make the flight as safe as possible, provide quick alerts to the pilot with regards to distance, battery left and enable the visualisation of waypoint travel. With regards to this, the existing MK-TT isn't bad, it runs on a tablet (a shame it is only on android) and uses the Range extender.

In my humble opinion, in the centre / full background of the screen, I really need the map with the possibility to switch in between video / map and not what you have in your app.

On top of the map, of course the Icon with the Copter.

Top of the list I would put:
Voltage, Current drawn total, capacity used and a bar to indicate visually what is left (the app should know what capacity is on board) The bar would then got from green, yellow, orange red based on capacity left and distance. Sound is also important to alert the pilot
Distance with alarm
Flight time with alarm
Altitude with alarm
RC quality with a color indicator, with colors, green, yellow, orange, red with audible alarm of course !

The info about esc current usage and temperature is a nice to have on demand or when an alert is raised by the app

The horizon, I don't need really, it isn't a plane. The compas is useful but should be integrated with the copter icon, plus RTH compas.

Do you have a development plan with features you want to add, and eventually development for a different platform ?

:)
Mitglied
@papymouzot:

Hi, thanks for Your comment! Well, lot of ideas! :D

First - iPad... :roll: I recently bought an older macBook for development... :lol: I'm really laughing as I'm writing this - sorry
I really got angry with this style of language.
Nevertheless I used it for testing a Java app I developed on PC - so this would be an option...
But I don't know how You can get this to the iPad - I think it has to be in the App(le)Store - doesn't it? Another hurdle...

The other ideas, yes, good ideas like the warning stuff.
Capacity warning I think is a bit difficult as You theoretically could use the stated capacity of the lipo, but this surely differs from the real possible capacity use.
But one could set the warning limits for this - You also will have to set the capacity of the lipo as I don't think that You can calculate this or get the info by the copter

In fact You will have to set up the warning limits for Your individual requirements.
That's something I will put on my todo list.

My 'dream' would be an app where one could drag the needed controls in the window and adjust them as one likes (colors, textsize etc..)
But this is really a LOT of work :D

So: iPad...hmm NO ;)
Warnings: YES

a map... maybe someday
Video - shouldn't be a problem when You generally can display the video on Your device

Thank You & cheers, Stephan
Mitglied
small update: I added 3 buttons with individual values to 4 of the serial channels.
This could be helpful for testing e.g. to switch between an old value and a new value
or for different fixed values for cam gimbal etc...

Cheers, Stephan
Mitglied
Hi Stephan,

you can develop in C/C++ for the iPad, this isn't an issue. Worst case the same kind of stuff can be done on Android. :) For the iPad dev, you can do it without going through the apple-store for development, however it would not be used by developers. Same for android;

Yes, the user has to configure the system with his copter details, battery voltage (4S, 6S, 12S for example) the capacity of his batteries and also the power consumption of his copter. This may need changing the settings for each copter, so a menu can be useful with a copter creation and selection.

Video is a plus but the map is probably what is really useful. But I will never use this app on a PC, nor on a mac, it has to be on a tablet, however, when can you use it ? Only when the copter is grounded ! When you fly you watch your copter, and the video, often with an OSD to get the telemetry info back.

To make an application users will want to have, you may have to offer something we don't have now or something better than what what we have now.

Better = ability to have better visual warnings (red orange green for example) based on :

remaining battery other than those which can be delivered with the Radio Telemetry system
esc temperature and current consumption (alert only when above a threshold)
distance from take off position
flight time

with gauge indication and not a last minute warning is important to have, however, we already have it.

I might not be the only one not willing to use such an application on a PC, you can't look at your PC when you fly... need a much smaller screen just above your radio system.

Today I use the analogic video and played with OSD cards like epi-osd, once you have used this once, you may not fly again without, and the existing OSD are not really user friendly, a supper HD-OSD is really the missing item for copter pilots. I think.

I personally don't need another PC application, the MK-Tool is fine when the copter is on the ground.

This is however nice that somebody makes attempts at delivering something different than what we have today.

Charles,
« Bearbeitet von papymouzot am 17.09.2016 15:37. »
Mitglied
@Charles

Yes, I can agree with most of it...
But this leads to the problem of standards which probably only could be solved by a unique hardware device...
Well, surely a thing one could think about as the stuff gets cheaper and cheaper.
A small touch HD display and some processor and i/o hardware behind like arduino or smth like that...

Tablet...? Well I've a 9" and an 11" pc-tablet with windows10 (with different resolutions) ;) so again the problem of standards/platforms...

Zitat
Better = ability to have better visual warnings (red orange green for example) based on :

remaining battery other than those which can be delivered with the Radio Telemetry system
esc temperature and current consumption (alert only when above a threshold)
distance from take off position
flight time

these are surely good points I will keep in mind!

Finally, this project was and is a nice challenge for me as a programmer to get data from the copter and visualize it...
Well, let's see where it will go

Cheers, Stephan
Mitglied
Hello again,

well in the meantime I've completely rebuilded the project based on C#-WPF.

Most of the points papymouzot mentioned have been implemented and more...

You can find he last build here

preview release 161102

Greetings, Stephan
Mitglied
In the meantime I've managed to implement language switching - if anyone likes to see the program in his language and is able to translate the expressions from english into his language, please let me know!

Cheers, Stephan

MKLiveView v1.0 - Release
MKLiveView v1.0 - Doku (EN)
MKLiveView v1.0 - Doku (DE)
Mitglied
+Bugfixes WP-Editor
+better handling of selecting a wp on the map (will not move instantly)
+highlight the selected waypoint on the map
+Added context menue for waypoints --> delete; change to wp,fs,poi,landing

Cheers, Steph

MKLiveView v1.0 - Release
MKLiveView v1.0 - Doku (EN)
MKLiveView v1.0 - Doku (DE)

Neues Thema Antwort

Seite: 1

MikroKopter - Forum » Software » MK LiveView - new pc prog